Sign in to follow this  
Elagabalus

Leaked Canon C200 photos

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well I see a CFast slot, so most likely 4K is in there. But there's also two sd card slots... so I assume high frame rate 1080p... not that the two slots mean anything for that. Would be very cool if they had Cinema 2K or 2.5K, 3K option. 

48 minutes ago, Dave Del Real said:

The top photo shows it has a 4K label on it. I'm very interested in this camera, hopefully it's affordable. I'm thinking around $5999.00.

Lol. I didn't even notice that... some detective I'd be. I think your price point is pretty spot on... somewhere between 5 and 6 I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, Dave Del Real said:

The top photo shows it has a 4K label on it. I'm very interested in this camera, hopefully it's affordable. I'm thinking around $5999.00.

More like $13000 ;)

Work tool... meh.

I am thinking $8k minimum and plenty on the codec side missing to make sure it sits under the C300 II without cannibalising its sales.

Surely it must be gimped.

I would be surprised if it has better slow-mo than an FS5 too, even though it is likely to be more expensive.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Work tool... meh.

I am thinking $8k minimum and plenty on the codec side missing to make sure it sits under the C300 II without cannibalising its sales.

I would be surprised if it has better slow-mo than an FS5 too, even though it is likely to be more expensive.

Spot on. Definitely $8k or more with crippled specs. The canon usual. 

EVF is removable, that means it is ronin-m friendly?

I wonder will they go for optional EVF and LCD option like BM to keep price "low"  :lol:  

I do really like how they positions the audio control and monitor, many times I go handheld I hold the c100MKII like holding a baby but the LCD is right under my chest making it awkward to see, put it on C300 style is more logical as I can the pictures without tilt my head down

For the audio when I put C100MKII on tripod I can't see the value of audio level which is annoying, the new position means I dont have to tip toe myself anymore!

EVF and LCD is removable , that means it is gimbal friendly! Which is good news for Ronin-M users like me lol. I find Ronin just a bit heavy for me.

I wonder will they go for optional EVF and LCD option like BM to keep price "low"  :lol:  

I do really like how they positions the audio control and monitor, many times I go handheld I hold the c100MKII like holding a baby but the LCD is right under my chest making it awkward to see, put it on C300 style is more logical as I can the pictures without tilt my head down

For the audio when I put C100MKII on tripod I can't see the value of audio level which is annoying, the new position means I dont have to tip toe myself anymore!

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Work tool... meh.

Sounds like something Canon would do... but still would not make sense. As far as I know -I keep in touch with several resellers and rental houses- the C300 MKII has been a total failure against the FS7. I'm not saying that any camera is better than the other, just that the FS7 sells like hotcakes while the C300 MKII collects dust on the shelf. It's been a total miss on Canon's side, especially compared to the success of the original C300. If they insist on sitting $3K above the FS5, history could repeat itself... There are many options in that 5-6K range, from a very practical FS5 to the more "cinematic" Ursa mini pro.

SDI in (timecode sync!) indicates it's positioned a lot higher up than the first two models. But that is a killer feature. In the high end corporate world, the AF100 sits way higher than the C100 or any dSLR because it supports dual system sound.

Removable EVF and viewfinder! (So cool!) 

Don't expect great HFR options. It's just not a feature many clients ask for, as fun as it is. Most of the time you'd rent a Phantom anyway. 

$8k sounds about right. This is going to bepositioned as a "professional" camera similar to the original C300 and intending to compete with the FS7, with all the boringness that entails. :) I'm guessing you will see a feature set that closely mirrors the FS7's.

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

In my opinion, the 2 things that people want in a C100 that would be a step-up is 4K, and a robust 10 bit codec. They could add both of those and keep out high frame rates to separate from the C300 line.

I agree that it may shoot 10 bit and obviously 4k. (It has a Cfast slot). 

Bizarrely, the C300 II has a very poor 120fps option and also no 4k 60p option. That's quite an incredible exclusion. No wonder the FS7 is more popular. 

If think if they added the features the C300 II is missing (plus what we expect), then this would be an exciting camera. Won't happen though. Probably not. 

What on earth could Canon add to this really? I can't think of much. 

I think bare minimum it should have...

• Touch DPAF

• 4K 4:22 (maybe 10bit) @ 24p and 60p to CFast 2.

• May also do 4K at lower bitrate up to 30p to SD card.

• 120p at 1080p

Of course it will have other bells and whistles but with these few major upgrades, I still think it will be priced at $5-$6K... probably $5999.