Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, BTM_Pix said:

I'll be sure to post my cack handed results on iBrokeit shortly then.

My FZ1000 arrived. Good news - everything is working beside the problema that the previous owner said. The EVF looks a little hazy (or I forgot how are the EVFs from the past) but very workable, the lamination of the LCD is kinda bad - but only when the camera is off, with the LCD on it dissapears. Did not test the HDMI, conector looks ok, probably a bad solder. The rest of the camera is in excellent shape - and came with 2 batteries and a 64Gb Sandisk Extreme card.

Not so good - the "dust in the lens" is not in the lens, is in the sensor. Since I will almost always use it wide open at concerts, probably will go unnoticed. Will try the "bottle with vaccum cleaner" technique that people use with the LX100, but I do not have very high hopes. If the dust bothers me, probably will use the iFixit guide to get to the sensor - as last resort, the procedure looks easier than most cameras, but the sensor assembly is mounted on springs and probably is very easy to lose the sensor calbration.

But for $270 (the prices here of the FZ1000 used are around double than that), I'm happy.

• 2 months later...

Hi, so today i installed the cinelike d hack on my GX85 , but after looking at the recorded footgae of the Cinelike D profile it would appear that the profile  is not Cinelike D.  I compared it to the natural profile however the natural profile had more dynamic range and the cinelike D profile was more contrasty with more saturation. surely this can not be right? all the values and settings such as contrast and saturation are set the same betwen profiles. 

What am i missing here? is this hack no longer working? 

On 1/20/2023 at 12:12 AM, kaopad said:

Hi, so today i installed the cinelike d hack on my GX85 , but after looking at the recorded footgae of the Cinelike D profile it would appear that the profile  is not Cinelike D.  I compared it to the natural profile however the natural profile had more dynamic range and the cinelike D profile was more contrasty with more saturation. surely this can not be right? all the values and settings such as contrast and saturation are set the same betwen profiles. 

What am i missing here? is this hack no longer working? 

Are you shure that you're not setting Cinelike V instead of D? Cinelike V is very contrasty indeed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody, Thanks a lot for this color profile ! Was about to buy an fx30 then i saw that it was possible to use a flat color profile on the gx80 wich is my current camera.

However when recording with C1 set with cinelike D it looks like changing aperture, ss and iso does not effect my image. I can change them and save them into custom set 1 but my image is still unchanged.

Any idea ? Thanks !

On 2/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, Arthur Morel said:

Hi everybody, Thanks a lot for this color profile ! Was about to buy an fx30 then i saw that it was possible to use a flat color profile on the gx80 wich is my current camera.

However when recording with C1 set with cinelike D it looks like changing aperture, ss and iso does not effect my image. I can change them and save them into custom set 1 but my image is still unchanged.

Any idea ? Thanks !

The actual image the camera produces or the image that is shown on the LCD screen? Also, what firmware version do you have installed?