Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

On 7/16/2018 at 1:00 AM, nielsviv said:

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll just go ahead and buy one, for 230 euro it's still not that much money. I'll try your program and get back to you with the results.

Your apps work on the camera, still have to try the HTML files but unlike all previous Pana camera's this one could be set to English

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/14/2018 at 11:10 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Unfortunately not.

I tested it with the shutter angle commands and they are inoperative on the GX80/5

Dear BMT_Pix,

Gx80 has this frustrating feature that under smartphone control when recording video camera screen turns off after 30 sec. Do you think there is a way to disable this?

On 5/27/2017 at 9:39 PM, BTM_Pix said:

I'll be doing a bit more poking around this afternoon so if there's anything new I'll pop back with an update.

If anyone has access to one of the new cheap GX800/GX850/GF9/WhateverItsCalledInYourCountry then I'd be curious to see them try it on that.

FYI I just got one of these and the camera is not reporting any Cinelike profiles unfortunately. 

It's a cool little camera but it doesn't give you anything much for video. You don't even get full manual controls in video which kind of sucks... Same sensor and image quality as G85/G80/GX85/GX80 as far as I can tell, just severely gimped in software.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 3:42 PM, livingcolor said:

Thank you for this!!!

I believe I found a better workaround for using the C1,C2,C3 custom functions, where you can:

- Save the CineD for use as an actual profile and
- Switch to other profiles normally

I was able to save the CineD profile into the custom slot by clicking the Disp.Save button while in the profile change window. This saved the profile as Custom and allows me to switch profiles now, but at same time I can still go back to CineD by going to the slot where Custom used to be, it still appears as Blank with Custom misaligned to the very left top on the screen ?

See the pic :) and check out the video I attached too.

Could I check if there is any way of reversing this? I saved the CineD as the Photo Style custom profile, and I can't seem to restore the custom profile back to what it was.

Edit: Nevermind my bad. I figured it out.

• 1 month later...

I have a question. Maybe BTM-Pix might know the answer. I have a Pal GX85 bought from Hong Kong which had no recording limit when filming (both HD and 4K). It would happily record until either the battery or card ran out producing one Mp4 file. Now that I've installed Cine-D it still records without stopping but it now produces various 9 minute (and a bit) clips. It wouldn't both me but they have a jump clip between them. Any idea how I can get it to record 1 clip again? If it means removing Cine - D I'll do it but how would I go about that? Any help would be most appreciated. 

• Super Members

Its a live command so doesn't actually change anything in the camera firmware (hence why you need to save it into C1, C2 etc to get it to persist when you switch the camera off) so I'm curious about this.

Are you saying it only records the 9 minute clips when it is using Cinelike D or is it with all profiles?

Is it the same length in both HD and 4K or is it that the file sizes are the same size in both and does it vary with compression setting?

To restore it, you can either load a normal profile from the C memory or just use the html file here.

GX800 TESTER V2.html

ok..so I think I made a mistake by not saving the other picture styles to the C1, C2 and C3 settings. I can't change the picture settings!

In HD (MP4) I have a limit of 20m20s (bottom right of screen). In AVCHD the ability to shoot in 4K doesn't exist (did it before? I can't remember!)

In 4K (MP4) I have a limit of 1h24mins (64gb card) like it alway used to show but now it breaks up the file into several 9m and various seconds files without stopping.

Previously I could shoot 4K and HD (MP4) with no break until the card or battery ran out and it would record a single file.

• Super Members

Use the html file from the post above and select 'Deploy Standard'

That will restore the standard colour profile.

How big are file sizes on the card for these 9 minute pieces ?

Did you format the card in the camera or on a computer ?

24 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

ok..so I think I made a mistake by not saving the other picture styles to the C1, C2 and C3 settings. I can't change the picture settings!

In HD (MP4) I have a limit of 20m20s (bottom right of screen). In AVCHD the ability to shoot in 4K doesn't exist (did it before? I can't remember!)

In 4K (MP4) I have a limit of 1h24mins (64gb card) like it alway used to show but now it breaks up the file into several 9m and various seconds files without stopping.

Previously I could shoot 4K and HD (MP4) with no break until the card or battery ran out and it would record a single file.

EDIT>>>>

Hang on.

I suspect the difference is related to the card.

SDXC memory cards will do the continuous recording.

SDHC memory cards will break it into 4gig sections.

I'm going to take a wild guess that those 9 minute files are 4gig each on the card?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I own a GX80/85. We want to shoot a video with two cams. The other one is a GH4. To get the best quality want to shoot in MOV. So the GH4 got the possibility to shoot 4k25p MOV but mine just got the 4k25p MP4.
Is there any kind of hack for the GX80/85 also shoot 4k25p as a MOV file?
Edit: I know about the cinelike D and V hack.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

@BTM_Pix 2019 and I am still using my beloved and underrated gx80. The main problem for professional use is that the HDMI output get's blocked during photo burst mode. I would like to shoot 4/3 4k with the burst mode but when enabled the HDMI function gets blocked, not really, rather there come a sign transfered by the camera that photo mode is activated.

This is for shooting 4/3 anamorphic. Funnily enough, when I do switch back to the normal mode, I see the external monitor showing the correct image in 4/3 desqueezed for one split second before going back to the heavily cropped 16 9. (with anamorphic, this is 32 to 9). So I know that the camera could do this, but they do not allow it. Do you think, from your experience, there is any chance that the HDMI output could be manually enabled or hacked? 

cheers

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, canonlyme said:

@BTM_Pix 2019 and I am still using my beloved and underrated gx80. The main problem for professional use is that the HDMI output get's blocked during photo burst mode. I would like to shoot 4/3 4k with the burst mode but when enabled the HDMI function gets blocked, not really, rather there come a sign transfered by the camera that photo mode is activated.

This is for shooting 4/3 anamorphic. Funnily enough, when I do switch back to the normal mode, I see the external monitor showing the correct image in 4/3 desqueezed for one split second before going back to the heavily cropped 16 9. (with anamorphic, this is 32 to 9). So I know that the camera could do this, but they do not allow it. Do you think, from your experience, there is any chance that the HDMI output could be manually enabled or hacked? 

cheers

Let me have a look at my GX80 when I get back at the weekend and I'll get back to you.

21 minutes ago, canonlyme said:

Do you think, from your experience, there is any chance that the HDMI output could be manually enabled or hacked? 

Can you tell me what happens if you use Panasonic's Image App when doing this?

What does it display in the live view aspect ratio wise and is it interrupted during the burst?

Is the interruption (or not) the same when you instigate the burst from the app as it is when you instigate it from the camera's own shutter button?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:52 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Let me have a look at my GX80 when I get back at the weekend and I'll get back to you.

Can you tell me what happens if you use Panasonic's Image App when doing this?

What does it display in the live view aspect ratio wise and is it interrupted during the burst?

Is the interruption (or not) the same when you instigate the burst from the app as it is when you instigate it from the camera's own shutter button?

Yes, so it blocks it before you even enable the burst. I do not have the app but I can check :). Once you enable 4k photo mode, no matter which kind, the monitor shows white writing on black that 4k photomode is enabled, so only the lcd screen shows the image, and once you go back from 4k photo mode you see the 4:3 image for a second on the monitor before it goes back to 16 9. Happy to give extra information. 
Thank you! 

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, canonlyme said:

Yes, so it blocks it before you even enable the burst. I do not have the app but I can check :). Once you enable 4k photo mode, no matter which kind, the monitor shows white writing on black that 4k photomode is enabled, so only the lcd screen shows the image, and once you go back from 4k photo mode you see the 4:3 image for a second on the monitor before it goes back to 16 9. Happy to give extra information. 
Thank you! 

OK, well I've got a solution for you.

The live view to a phone works while recording the burst.

So your options are to use the free Panasonic Image App on your phone as a monitor or use an app like Gmonitor (Android or iOS) which is about $5 and is a more dedicated monitor app for showing the live stream.

There is some lag but it is actually pretty marginal and definitely usable.

Far, far more usable than the non-functioning HDMI port.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:39 PM, canonlyme said:

This is for shooting 4/3 anamorphic. Funnily enough, when I do switch back to the normal mode, I see the external monitor showing the correct image in 4/3 desqueezed for one split second before going back to the heavily cropped 16 9. (with anamorphic, this is 32 to 9).

I've tried the 4:3 4K Photo Mode with anamorphics on my G80/G85 (which shares many features with GX80/GX85) and, to be honest, I got better results when shooting standard 16:9 4K 24fps video.

Rolling Shutter in 4K Photo Mode is worse than in a regular video mode, IBIS doesn't seem to work that good, you can shoot only in 30fps and there is no Cine-D.

Sure, I get even more cropped image and I do have to crop out a lot of pixels, but it works for me.

Not saying it's the best solution, but maybe you'll like it more?