Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

EDIT >>>>>

OK

After harvesting commands, I can confirm that as I suspected it is game over for VLOG on the GX80/85.

You all owe me £3.99 for that discovery ;)

Nooooooooooooooooo !!!

:bawling:

Atleast no more of the guessing game. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

BTM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this discovery is based upon turning on existing code within the camera and not hacking the code. Since the GX85 only shoots in MP4 and AVCHD without any MOV codec, I would think it's unlikely to up the bitrate. But I also vaguely remember seeing the high bitrate MOV codec in the original command list, but I think VLog was there as well and that wasn't possible.

It would be great if someone from the NX1 hack could take a look at BTM's work and maybe together, they could come up with some more options, if it's even possible. If it is possible, someone should do it soon, because I have a feeling Panasonic will turn off all of these options in an upcoming firmware update.

• Super Members
36 minutes ago, mmills said:

@BTM_Pix What about changing frame rates in 4K Photo mode? It would be great to get 24fps vs the stock 30fps in this mode for shooting video with various aspect ratios.

No, the rate is fixed internally.

Your best bet to get it closer would be to do the region change to PAL so it would be 25fps

15 hours ago, aldolega said:

God yes. These cams desperately need a higher 1080p bitrate, 25mbps is just too low. A bump for 4K would be nice too, but much less needed IMO.

way too low ! I feel like we need a bare minimum of 100 mbps in 1080

• Super Members
14 hours ago, mercer said:

BTM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this discovery is based upon turning on existing code within the camera and not hacking the code. Since the GX85 only shoots in MP4 and AVCHD without any MOV codec, I would think it's unlikely to up the bitrate. But I also vaguely remember seeing the high bitrate MOV codec in the original command list, but I think VLog was there as well and that wasn't possible.

It would be great if someone from the NX1 hack could take a look at BTM's work and maybe together, they could come up with some more options, if it's even possible. If it is possible, someone should do it soon, because I have a feeling Panasonic will turn off all of these options in an upcoming firmware update.

Its just remote control of features that the camera has so its all very high level.

If it doesn't flat out reject them then it has an understanding of them but from there on its at the mercy of whats going on in the camera.

So it doesn't reject the VLOG command it goes to an internal table and makes the settings that relate to that entry. The fact that it selects the Standard profile suggests that that is a holding copy that occupies that entry in the table which you could speculate means that maybe VLOG was considered as a future paid option for if not the GX80 then the G7 or G80. 

Ditto with the higher bitrate commands it doesn't reject selecting the highest bitrate one it currently allows.

Anyhoo....

Just a bit of a hint that if you are interested in hardware control of your Panasonic camera then now would be a good time to go and vote for some features and which controller you would prefer to use.

Threads are here

and here

On 5/7/2017 at 7:10 PM, BTM_Pix said:

vlog_gamma

It is definitely the correct command. The issue is at the camera end because it accepts it and actions it but just not in the right way. Exactly as it was a few weeks ago.

vlog_gamma & vlog_g can be found on different version of imgapp if you open it with apk editor (res/values/public.xml & string.xml if memory serves)

Your gadget looks really cool.