Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

12 hours ago, Devin Bunn said:

i took the liberty of unlocking all of the other extended iso. heres the file

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO V3.html

What's the 'Options Available' part? I don't have my camera on me to check it out.

10 hours ago, sanveer said:

It's Monday tomorrow and even though I don't have my GX85 on me, I am waiting for the VLOG on it. I think the colour science would make it great. 

From what I've read, VLOG is a stretch, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Over on this topic, there's been some matching to RED going on, but no settings/'hacks' have been revealed just yet: 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

What's the 'Options Available' part? I don't have my camera on me to check it outFrom what I've read, VLOG is a stretch, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Over on this topic, there's been some matching to RED going on, but no settings/'hacks' have been revealed just yet: 

I wouldn't say a stretch, its there we just have to find the right path to get it. I'm getting up with a friend on tuesday that has the GH4 with FW2.3 and we're going to capture the commands necessary to "coax" it out, haha. 
Options available will list the options that are cooked into that mode some that are enabled, some that are disabled. 

• Super Members

I won't know for sure until I've seen the files but for what its worth this is my current stretch rating for this

Still better chance than the bit rate stuff though

worlds-smallest-stretch-armstrong.jpg

51 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Over on this topic, there's been some matching to RED going on, but no settings/'hacks' have been revealed just yet: 

It will just be settings rather than a hack (unless you have the GX80 where it will use the current one to get Cinelike on to it)

Needs a lot more testing yet (some of which will have to be automated so there's more code to be written today to do that) so its a bit away from being revealed just yet.

Thanks BTM_Pix for this discovery and release! Here's a quick test that I did. Nothing fancy. I also didn't have my laptop at the time but I wanted to see how I can grade it. Transferred the 1080 files to my iPhone 6 and edited and graded to taste there using VideoLut App. For shooting and quick grading on the go (for social media posts, etc.)This setup will prove to be very valuable!

• Super Members

I've been asked by Private Message regarding using the higher ISO's in recording.

Ordinarily, the extended ISOs are for stills only but there is a way round it for G7 owners at least.

On the GX80 it is always clamped at 6400 irrespective, so when you go into video mode it will always revert to this setting if you have an ISO set above that.

On the G7 however, if I instigate the recording with my controller then I can then change it beyond 6400 and it will accept it.

I have a trick with the hardware controller so that when you put it in record it re-sends the currently set ISO so if you have it on 12800 on the controller it will record a tiny fragment at 6400 but then switch to the 12800

If you want to try this manually you can by just putting your G7 in record at 6400 and sending the higher ISO command form a browser.

My feeling is that this will probably work for other cameras too (except the GX80 where it definitely doesn't) so if you can test it and let people know that would be great.

With regard to asking questions by Private Message - and please do not take this the wrong way as I'm really pleased this has sparked so much interest - but can I just ask that people put them in here instead, as to me this should very much be a community project so everyone will benefit from the shared information and there is a much broader range of model variants represented here that people can share the testing on as well.

Ta

1 hour ago, John Roque said:

Thanks BTM_Pix for this discovery and release! Here's a quick test that I did. Nothing fancy. I also didn't have my laptop at the time but I wanted to see how I can grade it. Transferred the 1080 files to my iPhone 6 and edited and graded to taste there using VideoLut App. For shooting and quick grading on the go (for social media posts, etc.)This setup will prove to be very valuable!

Nice. How do you transfer the files to your phone? I'd like to try that myself.

• Super Members
27 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Nice. How do you transfer the files to your phone? I'd like to try that myself.

You can do it (slowly) off Panasonic's app if it can hold the connection long enough.

Otherwise, Apple's "how much????" SD card reader is the way to go.

If you are looking at doing stuff mobile then I'd recommend taking a look at something like this RavPower device though.

Its a multi function unit that can act as a card reader, USB host, wireless router and battery bank.

With a device like this you can connect an iPad, iPhone, MacBook etc simultaneously and share, copy and backup files from SD cards and USB hard drives between them.

Even just for travelling for sticking a ton of films on a cheap sd card so you can watch films on your iOS device without having to clog up the phone's own limited and expensive memory with them makes it a great buy. And if you're travelling with a partner or kids or whatever you can all watch different ones simultaneously on your different devices.

And also for travelling, if you find yourself in a hotel that only has an ethernet connection (getting rarer but still happens) then you can use this to create your own wifi hotspot.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-Wireless-Portable-Companion-Streamer/dp/B00TI3WQJS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497870978&sr=8-3&keywords=kingston+mobilelite

515dK8LlZ7L._SL1000_.jpg

27 minutes ago, jonpais said:

This is too incredible. Would have many uses for me, since my Macbook Pro doesn't have an SD card reader, and I still haven't picked one up yet. But they don't ship to Vietnam! :( 

Try ebay? It's probably manufactured in China or maybe Vietnam. ? RAVPower FileHub Plus

2 hours ago, Hugues Canadaa said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm just wondering if it's possible that this kind of hack will ever work on a G6? I can't really change this camera and there's not a single flat profile on it.

Thanks for answering me, Hugh

Why dont you try? 

I did, but the web page tells me that my body isn't supported when I do "Handshake", it returns "err_non_support", is there a way I can bypass this security?

Also, "deploy" is saying "err_param"

edit: connect is saying "ok" tho, and I can connect no problem, only that "handshake" and "deploy" doesn't work

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Someone (from the forum maybe?) has made a video about how to implement cinelike d on a GX85 for anyone who needs to see it being done before they try it 

That's an excellent tutorial (as far as I can tell, since I don't own the GX80/85), and I especially appreciate hearing his thoughts beginning at 5 min. 

Amazingly, this video is how I found this thread and this 'hack' (is it a hack?) When looking to buy the GX80 I of course watched a million and one videos about it, from it, with it, through it, around it, and basically anywhere near it. After buying, I stopped searching, but then this came up in my suggested videos the day I got home from a lovely holiday, it was a great 'welcome home' present!

• Super Members
6 hours ago, jonpais said:

That's an excellent tutorial (as far as I can tell, since I don't own the GX80/85), and I especially appreciate hearing his thoughts beginning at 5 min. 

Yes,form factor is worth the premium and this comes back to a point I made in another thread (which was ridiculed as the rant of someone who knows nothing about how cameras work IIRC) about how real modularity should be offered by manufacturers.

The form factor of the GX80 is its appeal so why should that preclude it having an audio input as a an additional bolt on accessory if people want it or to pay a small fee to unlock cinelike d or the additional bit rates that we know it can do?

Panasonic already have done both of those things before with mic input boxes that interface through the hotshoe and paid VLOG updates so why not across the board? Sony have gone the whole hog with an actual app store for unlocking additional functions as well as a couple of attempts at sensor in a box products so maybe it will come

The paradigm is already there with computers and particularly smartphones so its not exactly like its an alien concept for consumers to buy a core product and pay to add on specific functionality that they need. It doesn't stop them then replacing the core product periodically either so it doesn't stifle future sales of that either. Using that old story about if you built a Ford yourself by buying all the parts as spares then it would cost more than buying a Rolls Royce then they would likely make more money as well. 

Anyway, I'm ranting again now !

• Super Members
12 hours ago, Hugues Canadaa said:

I did, but the web page tells me that my body isn't supported when I do "Handshake", it returns "err_non_support", is there a way I can bypass this security?

Also, "deploy" is saying "err_param"

edit: connect is saying "ok" tho, and I can connect no problem, only that "handshake" and "deploy" doesn't work

If the camera says Under Remote Control on the screen and then you can see an image on the LCD then it is connected and under remote control.

The Handshake is mainly for the newer cameras where it needs a security check so may be unnecessary on the G6

To check if its actually talking to the camera, select a profile other than standard on the camera (like B&W) and then hit Restore on the HTML page. All that does is tell it to select the Standard profile on the camera. If it does change it then the camera is definitely connected and responding to commands. If it then doesn't respond to the Cinelike D command then unfortunately that means the camera can't support it.