Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

6 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

We've got a lead with an old version of the app that had the 'free' VLOG glitch but needs someone with a GH4 with the old firmware before Panasonic shut the door on it to try and do some exploring to see if it could be applied to the G7

I have a friend who has the old FW GH4. I can see if he'd be willing to help

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
11 minutes ago, Devin Bunn said:

I have a friend who has the old GH4 FW, but if anyone wants a go at it before I'm able to meet up with him on Monday.

Here's the firmware zip and the old app APK. You'll need Packet Capture to sniff the V-LOG hack so we all can have that on our non-GH cameras ;)

GH4__V23.zip

com.panasonic.avc.cng.imageapp-7.apk

Nice one.

Just to manage expectations, though, we'll be able to absolutely confirm what the command is thats sent but its by no means a guarantee that it will work on the other cameras.

On the upside, it does likely mean free V-LOG if you've still got the old firmware on your GH4 ;) 

Thanks so much for this BTM_Pix! For those interested, the LeemingLUT for GH5's CineLine D should work with this. I was recently mailing them about the GX80/85 and was told they're more or less the same when it comes to using LUTs.

BTM_Pix, would you be able to put the updated HTML files in the first post, to avoid scrolling through the who thread to find latest versions? I'm also having trouble finding the info about the different hue settings, so if it's not too much trouble, a little 'release log' our outline of new features would be really great! Again though, thank you so much for finding this and sharing it with everyone!

• Super Members
2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

BTM_Pix, would you be able to put the updated HTML files in the first post, to avoid scrolling through the who thread to find latest versions? I'm also having trouble finding the info about the different hue settings, so if it's not too much trouble, a little 'release log' our outline of new features would be really great! Again though, thank you so much for finding this and sharing it with everyone!

No, the post can't be edited unfortunately.

This is the current (and very likely last in this incarnation) version of the html file.

The hue control is undocumented in terms of absolute values so you will have to experiment to push it in the different directions by amending the following line and change the last value to effect the change

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=colormode&value=cinelike_d&value2=0/0/0/0/5

Positive values will change it further towards Violet/Magenta and negative values will change it further towards Yellow/Green.

The preset ones in the html file are 5 and -5 respectively but they are just meant as a starting point for your own experimentation.

With regards to a release log, its probably a bit too low tech to need one to be honest !

As I say, this incarnation of it (barring something unexpected with VLOG) is as far as it goes from my making any new versions of it but I think other people are making their own versions of it now so perhaps they'll do some more with it.

It was purely from my point of view a way to begin prototyping wifi control of the cameras rather than an end product in itself so all my efforts now will be towards the hardware controller.

The ongoing thread for that development is here 

And there is also likely to be something else that will be side developed regarding a more hands on approach to picture profile control that is coming out of this thread here

When I say likely, I mean I'm probably going to have it working by Monday ;)

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO V2.html

It's doubtful that CineLikeD was in their software when the GH3 was released but maybe it was snuck in during a FW update without anyone knowing. Peaking would be my first question with the GH3 and that would be pretty cool since that camera sells so cheap on the used market now. 

1 hour ago, Jean-Baptiste Brégon said:

Hi, sorry if already asked, but is there something possible with a gh3?

Thanks

On 07/06/2017 at 0:08 AM, BTM_Pix said:

If you could find a GH4 that hasn't been upgraded then what I would be tempted to try is do the initial octopus boot up sequence and then go to the ROM backup menu that appears when you do this and do the backup to SD function.

Then get your updated GH4 and do the same and back its ROM up to SD.

These are plain text files though ideally you would open them both in a hex editor and do a compare between the old one and your upgraded one.

There might be a clue in there as to how you could do something that would allow the old firmware to be put on the GH4 with the newer one.....

Please note that I'm not in any way telling you to be brave and just go into the ROM backup menu and then load the file from the older version onto the GH4.

Its precisely the sort of reckless thing I would do of course ;)

As an aside I have a fairly early GH4 and when I sent it in for the Audio fix (which wasn't, BTW) they just changed the main board and I got it back with an earlier firmware version than it had when I sent it off (which had been 2.3)...

P.S. I should say I don't think VLogL is a good idea with internal recording (I like CineD BTW), as it only uses 160 levels so you tend to get posterisation on areas of flat colour, like the sky for example. Presumably external recording won't help if you don't have 10-bit output.

• Super Members
10 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I have upgraded your forum profile to a Super Member so you can edit your original post and generally have mod-like access to the forum.

Thanks for all your efforts so far on the project.

Cheers. 

If you see someone wandering around Saturn or MediMarkt next week with wires coming out of his sleeve seemingly idly demoing Panasonic and Sony cameras make sure you come and say hi ;)

2 hours ago, Grimor said:

Someone has the "curmenu" reply of the GH5?

Not yet, i know some people are looking into it, but i dont know how far along they are. I'm waiting for one to come through so i can get the menu from it.

Found a few other little goodies while poking around in the G7, will update tonight if i have any success.