Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

41 minutes ago, nac said:

Guys thanks very much for work the put into this hack.

I had already done the Gx85 25p to 30p hack to get smoother panning. And now this CinelikeD hack. All working great together.

What would be nice is 1/3 iso steps in movie mode!

There is a way to get 1/3 stop ISO in movie mode, I have it on mine and I remember setting it up... I can't for the life of me find that setting to turn it on.  Maybe somebody else knows.  But it's possible.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Which reminds me....

Updated html attached that will now let you have ISO100 in video mode.

Unfortunately, this setting does not persist on power cycle and can't be saved in the C settings so if you need it then you will have to deploy it through a browser each time.

For now at least....

///// EDIT ///////

The GX80 accepts but does not action these extended ISO modes in video so it is ISO200 to ISO6400 only for that. 

Thanks to @Rizky Ramadhan for the update

ISO50000 works for stills on GX80

The extended ISOs are working for me on a G7 so please feel free to chime in with results from other models

///////////////////////

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO V2.html

32 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Which reminds me....

Updated html attached that will now let you have ISO100 in video mode.

Unfortunately, this setting does not persist on power cycle and can't be saved in the C settings so if you need it then you will have to deploy it through a browser each time.

For now at least....

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO V2.html

Idk, the Hue and Extended ISO not working on GX85

• Super Members
17 minutes ago, Rizky Ramadhan said:

Idk, the Hue and Extended ISO not working on GX85

Thanks, I only had a G7 to hand at the time and just dug my GX80 out and it takes the ISO commands but doesn't action them in video mode.

ISO50000 in stills is a go though!

The Cinelike D Hue controls are definitely working on my GX80 though and I think I've seen a GX85 user confirm them on his somewhere else in the thread.

Hi all!

My G7 support next ISO:
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_80" enable="yes"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_100" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_125" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_160" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_200" enable="yes"/>

I setup ISO 80 and record video, next read exif and see this
ISO : 200  
Program ISO : 80

It is unclear what is really

Me interesting camera support "Master pedestal" someone tried to regulate it? :D 

I also wonder how the picture is transferred in real time from the camera to the application

10 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Octopus boot up mode and change to Australian region should be your friend for that

Switch to service mode (PAL-NTSC) with an exclamation point icon on shutdown. It does not work for me, still 29:59 limitation

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, tonysss said:

Switch to service mode (PAL-NTSC) with an exclamation point icon on shutdown. It does not work for me, still 29:59 limitation

And you switched the camera to Australian region too?

I was told their version did not have the limitation

2 hours ago, Octofocus said:

Hi all!

My G7 support next ISO:
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_80" enable="yes"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_100" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_125" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_160" enable="no"/>
<item id="menu_item_id_sensitivity_200" enable="yes"/>

I setup ISO 80 and record video, next read exif and see this
ISO : 200  
Program ISO : 80

It is unclear what is really

Me interesting camera support "Master pedestal" someone tried to regulate it? :D 

I also wonder how the picture is transferred in real time from the camera to the application

It is a quirky stream of jpegs that a computer can be persuaded to display but it requires quite a lot of configuration to achieve

4 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

It is a quirky stream of jpegs that a computer can be persuaded to display but it requires quite a lot of configuration to achieve

Thank you! Already found, there really is a flow through the UPD protocol, looking for options ...

____

It remains to learn about the possibility to change "Master pedestal"

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Octofocus said:

Thank you! Already found, there really is a flow through the UPD protocol, looking for options ...

____

It remains to learn about the possibility to change "Master pedestal"

I can't see any reference to the master pedestal control in the G7 files.

It would be very useful to have control of it though because I suspect it might be what prevents Cinelike D from working properly on the LX100.

1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

I can't see any reference to the master pedestal control in the G7 files.

I also do not see, I would like to have someone from the owners of gh4 / gh5 dump, possible options, so that we could form a request and test

• Super Members

I've got one from a GH4.

Its not an app controllable function on there so without having a thorough poke around with an actual GH4 its a bit of a dead end I'm afraid.

However.....

Panasonic do an iOS app for the DVX200 (which is basically a GH4) that does allow it to be controlled.

If someone had a DVX200 and a packet sniffer then, well, maybe.....

http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/4k_camcorder/ag_rop/index.html

16 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

The ISO trick works in video mode as well so you can have up to 50000 if you fancy it.

Higher shutter speeds than 4000 can be formed and sent to it and it will respond correctly to them if its in electronic mode but it won't go beyond 16000.

The flash sync speed is not something I've looked at. Is it an explicitly set value in any Lumix camera ?

Tele mode is something I've looked at brielfy but it didn't work as I expected it might but don't rule it out as I need it for my gadget so I'll be looking at it again.

Battery saving mode isnt something I've looked at as I don't think it's changeable from the app and is a camera only selection?

////// EDIT /////

For those wanting extended ISO

New updated HTML file with Cineline D, V, Hue controls and switchable extended ISOs of 6400/12800/25600/50000

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO.html

Thank you very much for your fast response. My (European) GX80 is in service right now, but I'll test your modifications ASAP.

I realize now that this will mostly push settings not meant for the camera to the camera, and it might or might not react to these settings. Not sure if battery saving mode of the G80 is a changeable setting over the html interface, but probably it won't work with the GX80. Max flash sync speed is not a setting, but rather a specification of the camera, so I guess it definitely can't be changed (unlike video bitrate, for which there might be a possible hack because of it also being a setting).

Have you already tried grabbing frames from the video stream that it also sends to these remote control apps? For example, you could create an "external recorder" for this. This would also, for example, allow higher ISO in video mode because you're really just grabbing the "raw jpgs" and creating a video out of it. Not sure how the bandwidth would hold up, you would need a good router and stable wifi connection, and even then the theoretical limit is around 300 Mbps, with the practical limit being much lower usually.

• Super Members
9 minutes ago, ibd said:

Have you already tried grabbing frames from the video stream that it also sends to these remote control apps? For example, you could create an "external recorder" for this. This would also, for example, allow higher ISO in video mode because you're really just grabbing the "raw jpgs" and creating a video out of it. Not sure how the bandwidth would hold up, you would need a good router and stable wifi connection, and even then the theoretical limit is around 300 Mbps, with the practical limit being much lower usually.

I think someone has done a live viewfinder app for smartphones based on it but to be perfectly honest as a recording proposition I think it poses far more questions than it answers.

Considering how much you'd need to invest in the hardware to do it and creating the software to control it and the storage situation if you wanted it to be in a portable format (i.e. a smartphone) then, as with the higher bitrate HD quest, the Atomos Ninja Star at less than £200 is a far better proposition for me to eek extra value out of these cameras.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Samin said:

Any guide on how's that done?

Mmmm.....complete red herring with this.

Seems that European cameras can't be switched to Australian region.

Sorry about that !

Guide for booting up to get 30p and 60p modes here though

For G7 owners, there seems to be some odd way of doing this to permanently lift the 30 minute limit but it seems quite temperamental 

//////EDIT/////

Tried it on my G7 and I can get the 30/60p but not the extended recording time.

Definitely seems to be different things these cameras can do depending on what mode they are in when you try them.

//////

1 hour ago, Samin said:

Any guide on how's that done?

When i octopused my G6, it let me choose between 3 different region codes (dont remember the exact code for each region)

But i remember the default region code was writed in the box (2Caps letters on the sticker with model,serial and barcode)