Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry, BTM, but i'm not shure of understand your words at all.

Are different result expected from each different starting point?

I tried almost all combinations, but all from 4k 24p mp4 as starting point

As this method leader, you could trace a roadmap we can follow and make our contribution 

• Super Members
39 minutes ago, Grimor said:

Sorry, BTM, but i'm not shure of understand your words at all.

Are different result expected from each different starting point?

I tried almost all combinations, but all from 4k 24p mp4 as starting point

As this method leader, you could trace a roadmap we can follow and make our contribution 

At the moment, we don't have 100% coverage of all the permutations.

The only way we can do that is to start from a single point 4k24p for an example selected on the camera and then switch to all of the other possible values in sequence from there and see what happens. 

And then repeat that from 4K25p and then from HD25p etc etc 

We have had a few incidents where this state has happened but we don't know exactly from which combinations it can be produced. Until we know that then we won't be able to reliably reproduce it and see if we can do something with it in that state. 

Testing each possibility from each starting point will provide the answer to that.

Whilst so far there hasn't been a combination that has been useful (ie a non corrupted file) that doesn't mean that there isn't one that we haven't come across yet that is.

As I have said a number of times on this thread, I'm not convinced at all that there will be but at least it will show definitively for those that want to keep going at it if there is or not.

4k24p
mp4ed_25p_200mbps say ok!  4k24p  Exiftools(mac): Avg Bitrate : 92.4 Mbps
mp4ed_50p_200mbps say ok!  4k24p  Exiftools(mac): showed Avg Bitrate : 92.8 Mbps
mov_25p_200mbps say ok! not display quality.  Exiftools(mac): (Image Size : 1920x1080, Megapixels : 2.1, Avg Bitrate - not show)

------

4k25p
mp4ed_25p_200mbps = ok! replace in settings to 4k24p = 94 Mbps
mp4ed_50p_200mbps = ok! replace in settings to 4k24p = 92.4 Mbps
mov_25p_200mbps = ok! not display quality Exiftools(mac): (Image Size : 1920x1080, Megapixels : 2.1, Avg Bitrate - not show)

------

Upload test files 4k25p, name file show quality.

mov_25p_200mbps.MOV

mp4ed_50p_200mbps.MP4

------

FHD28m50p
mp4ed_25p_200mbps say ok! replace in settings to 4k24p 
mp4ed_50p_200mbps say ok! replace in settings to 4k24p 
mov_25p_200mbps say ok! not display quality 

------

FHD17m50i
mp4ed_25p_200mbps! replace in settings to 4k24p 
mp4ed_50p_200mbps! replace in settings to 4k24p 

------

FHD24m25p

------

FHD24m24p

I'm wondering what the difference between these parameters, someone can tell ...
Both parameters return ok.

<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4_25p_100mbps_4k" enable = "yes" />
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_25p_100mbps_4k" enable = "yes" />

So it's very interesting that's it.
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_50p_200mbps" enable = "yes" />
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_25p_200mbps" enable = "yes" />

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, Octofocus said:

I'm wondering what the difference between these parameters, someone can tell ...
Both parameters return ok.

<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4_25p_100mbps_4k" enable = "yes" />
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_25p_100mbps_4k" enable = "yes" />

So it's very interesting that's it.
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_50p_200mbps" enable = "yes" />
<Item id = "menu_item_id_v_quality_mp4ed_25p_200mbps" enable = "yes" />

Great effort.

The ed ones are for cameras such as the FZ2000 that can have the high bit rate.

These are what Panasonic refer to as editing type of formats and switch those cameras into MP4(LPCM) mode that the other cameras don't have.

From this systematic testing I think we can probably now put it to bed at least with the G7 regarding activating these different formats.

Unless there is some interaction when switching from a 'semi legal' format (the ones that say OK but dont go to the 4K24p setting) to a different 'semi legal' format but the number of permutations to test then becomes like adding another rotor wheel on the Enigma machine.

My view is that it confirms that it gets itself very confused by those MP4(LPCM) based formats and doesn't know what to do. This is supported by the G7 being unable to play a legitimate recording from one of these modes from an FZ2000.

Signed up for this forum just to say thank you and to check out these files! Thanks!!

One thing I'm wondering: Because I'm mostly a stills shooter, are there any hackable settings that would perhaps be useful in a stills shooting context? I noticed the max ISO setting hack -- does it work universally (photos & videos)? AFAIK the ISO only goes to 6400 in video under normal usage. Any other things that would be changeable, such as...

1. min/max shutter speeds,
  2. flash sync speed,
  3. more AF settings,
  4. crop mode for adapted lenses,
  5. maybe even G80's battery saving mode??

Cheers!

- ibd

• Super Members
1 hour ago, ibd said:

Signed up for this forum just to say thank you and to check out these files! Thanks!!

One thing I'm wondering: Because I'm mostly a stills shooter, are there any hackable settings that would perhaps be useful in a stills shooting context? I noticed the max ISO setting hack -- does it work universally (photos & videos)? AFAIK the ISO only goes to 6400 in video under normal usage. Any other things that would be changeable, such as...

1. min/max shutter speeds,
  2. flash sync speed,
  3. more AF settings,
  4. crop mode for adapted lenses,
  5. maybe even G80's battery saving mode??

Cheers!

- ibd

The ISO trick works in video mode as well so you can have up to 50000 if you fancy it.

Higher shutter speeds than 4000 can be formed and sent to it and it will respond correctly to them if its in electronic mode but it won't go beyond 16000.

The flash sync speed is not something I've looked at. Is it an explicitly set value in any Lumix camera ?

Tele mode is something I've looked at brielfy but it didn't work as I expected it might but don't rule it out as I need it for my gadget so I'll be looking at it again.

Battery saving mode isnt something I've looked at as I don't think it's changeable from the app and is a camera only selection?

////// EDIT /////

For those wanting extended ISO

New updated HTML file with Cineline D, V, Hue controls and switchable extended ISOs of 6400/12800/25600/50000

DEPLOY CINELIKE D V HUE EXTENDED ISO.html

GGX80 PAL model

The command http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoformat&value=mov  bring the menu up in the camera.

I can start a record and a file .mov (21 Mo for 15 sec) is generated with: http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=mov_25p_200mbps

But the files does not play in VLC.

At this point, you can't switch to MP4 or AVCHD Menu when you are in the video mode even if you reboot the camera, to bring back the original menu just set the value to mp4 or avchd.

I didn't take a picture, but there is nothing (black screen) in the menu Rec Quality.

movmenu.jpg

rec quality.jpg

14 minutes ago, pimoussefrnl said:

GGX80 PAL model

The command http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoformat&value=mov  bring the menu up in the camera.

At this point, you can't switch to MP4 or AVCHD Menu when you are in the video mode even if you reboot the camera, to bring back the original menu just set the value to mp4 or avchd.

I didn't take a picture, but there is nothing (black screen) in the menu Rec Quality.

movmenu.jpg

rec quality.jpg

Hmmm, may be for mov it is required codec like mjpeg and integer 30 fps as in gh1 and gh2

1 hour ago, Grimor said:

First one look like my corrupt G80 .mov files.

And the second, looks ok, but no 50p and no high bitrate

Give this program a try. I've tried it on your file and although Quicktime still didn't play it, VLC player was able to open it after repair.

1 hour ago, JBraddock said:

Give this program a try. I've tried it on your file and although Quicktime still didn't play it, VLC player was able to open it after repair.

What reference file did you used?

Can you upload it?

I can´t get it working

• Super Members
2 hours ago, tonysss said:

Thank you

I want hack, stupid record time limitations for Europe (29:59)   Please  :-)

Octopus boot up mode and change to Australian region should be your friend for that

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I'm all for trying this on the GH5.

Is it worth a try? Can someone get me started?

The last html file I put up should be enough to establish whether it can talk to the GH 5.

Put the camera in WiFi mode, attach computer or phone to its wifi network, select handshake and then connect

It will probably fail first time while it stores the connection

Just repeat the handshake and connect steps again and then it will connect 

Then just try the iso and cinelike commands to make sure it selects them.

That will establish if we can talk to it (which we defo will be able to)

The real bounty will then be in harvesting its commands and the best way to do that is with an android phone with an app called Packet Capture which is free on the play store.

Get the basic thing going first and we'll take it from there !

Guys thanks very much for work the put into this hack.

I had already done the Gx85 25p to 30p hack to get smoother panning. And now this CinelikeD hack. All working great together.

What would be nice is 1/3 iso steps in movie mode!