Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

10 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

A little bit off topic but does anyone managed to make the Panasonic App and the GH5 work on Android ? I spent 30 minutes the other day on it and the App was complete crap. Very unstable and complicated to connect. Is it just me ?

I haven't enabled the bluetooth link yet but otherwise: I turn on GH5 wifi, connect phone wifi to camera, start Image App, win! Except sometimes it takes 60 seconds. The sony x3000 connects to the android play memories app in 10 seconds with a range of over 15m. Bluetooth should help though. About time to have a read I think, p268

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, Michael Ma said:

Thanks for the hack!  Works great on my GX85.  Just for kicks, I tried it on my GF7, and it had the very opposite effect.  The contrast felt like it was turned to 11, and all shadows were nearly black while half the sky was clipping to cyan.

This sounds like what it does with the LX100. If I work out what causes it on that then the solution should work for both.

Unfortunately if it is what I suspect it is then it unlikely I'll be able to offer a solution.

• Super Members
6 hours ago, rainless said:

Works just fine from my laptop... Could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME get it to work with my phone... Any idea why?

I'm on Android and using the Chrome browser...

I'm also using Chrome on the laptop and it worked just fine so... I dunno.

Depending on your Android phone, some of them have a pop up warning when whatver its connected to via WiFi (the camera in this case) doesn't have an Internet connection. It then drops that connection (usually for something in range that does have internet) if you don't confirm quite quickly that it's OK. The pop up sometimes doesnt get to the front of the screen though depending on whats happening on other running apps.

Might be that but might not but no there is no fundamental difference why it wouldn't work on a phone. Unless you've got the Panasonic App open at the same time which will stop a simultaneous browser connection.

Created an account just to thank @BTM_Pix for this incredible digging!! 

I own a Panasonic G7 and I really feel a bit afraid of pushing the color grading a bit too far since it only records 28mbs, in which case I need to bring out my nx1 which means carrying another camera. 

IMO I think the increase on the bitrate is more important than trying to nudge vlog. That's just my opinion! 

Do you think it's doable to perhaps have a FHD @72mbs on the g7? 

Thanks for all the digging again! 

2 minutes ago, Sportin said:

Created an account just to thank @BTM_Pix for this incredible digging!! 

I own a Panasonic G7 and I really feel a bit afraid of pushing the color grading a bit too far since it only records 28mbs, in which case I need to bring out my nx1 which means carrying another camera. 

IMO I think the increase on the bitrate is more important than trying to nudge vlog. That's just my opinion! 

Do you think it's doable to perhaps have a FHD @72mbs on the g7? 

Thanks for all the digging again! 

Have you shot Cinelike D? 

48 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Have you shot Cinelike D? 

Made me run to my computer to get a couple of stills.
Remember I have the G7 so the cinelike D was always there since the begining.

I use -4 / -5 / 0 / -5 on my cinelike D profile
Left is cinelike D and right is graded to rec 709 and applied a color grade of my own

ramalho face.PNG

ramalho 2nd.PNG

orlando.PNG

1 minute ago, Sportin said:

Made me run to my computer to get a couple of stills.
Remember I have the G7 so the cinelike D was always there since the begining.

I use -4 / -5 / 0 / -5 on my cinelike D profile
Left is cinelike D and right is graded to rec 709 and applied a color grade of my own

ramalho face.PNG

ramalho 2nd.PNG

orlando.PNG

I'm viewing on my iPhone, but looks pretty good!

Just now, jonpais said:

I'm viewing on my iPhone, but looks pretty good!

Cinelike D is really useful and perhaps a bit more useful than V-Log because it requires not so much color grading to edit!
That's why I prefer having higher bitrate and a cinelike D than being stuck with 28mbps with V-Log :\

Going to try this out today. Thanks for all the work! A question: I had a bad experience with my G7 using CineD where the camera went into sleep mode or maybe was turned off while I was on C1 or C2, etc. When it woke up, some of the WB balance settings had changed and we shot a whole sequence in orange, basically. Does anyone know under what conditions this happens and how to avoid it? Is it the same for the GX85 when using this hack? Tx.

10 minutes ago, QB3 said:

Going to try this out today. Thanks for all the work! A question: I had a bad experience with my G7 using CineD where the camera went into sleep mode or maybe was turned off while I was on C1 or C2, etc. When it woke up, some of the WB balance settings had changed and we shot a whole sequence in orange, basically. Does anyone know under what conditions this happens and how to avoid it? Is it the same for the GX85 when using this hack? Tx.

The same happens when I saved settings to custom on my GH4 and now on my G85. I don't believe there's any way to get the camera to remember the settings used just before the camera goes to sleep. Which is why I never use custom any more.

On 2017-6-2 at 3:20 PM, sanveer said:

I may have a copy of the old GH4 Firmware. 

I have attached Screenshots of the Video I shot with CinelikeD and the Ultra Contrast Filter. White Balance is terribly off, I think. 

P1020464.JPG

P1020465.JPG

P1020466.JPG

I dunno what I smoked up while shooting this. The exposure is off by a mile.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

The same happens when I saved settings to custom on my GH4 and now on my G85. I don't believe there's any way to get the camera to remember the settings used just before the camera goes to sleep. Which is why I never use custom any more.

Right--but I need the Custom Dial to use CineD on the GX85, or is there a better way?

2 minutes ago, QB3 said:

Right--but I need the Custom Dial to use CineD on the GX85, or is there a better way?

BTM could answer better than I can, since I haven't hacked anything in my life. My only experience was with the GH4, where I saved Vlog in one of the custom settings, and I experienced the same thing you're experiencing. Whenever the camera went to sleep, I had to reset white balance and aperture all over again.

16 minutes ago, jonpais said:

BTM could answer better than I can, since I haven't hacked anything in my life. My only experience was with the GH4, where I saved Vlog in one of the custom settings, and I experienced the same thing you're experiencing. Whenever the camera went to sleep, I had to reset white balance and aperture all over again.

I hacked my GH2. And one could do a LOT with the Bitrate and even make a fee lines of your Own Code. It was amazing. I felt if we pushed it any further, we would have a 4-2-2 8-bit version of AVCHD on it. 

24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

haha. It's very atmospheric

Hahaha.