Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

• Super Members
5 hours ago, Georgios said:

BTM_Pix

GH4 2.3

When i open your first command i get this

"ok1.3GH4tele-normaltele-fastwide-normalwide-fasttouch_command_autooneshot_af_enablesetting_play_sort_mode_enableaf_size_change_pinch"

and for the second command i get this..

cam.cgi.webarchive

EDIT on handshake i get this

"err_non_support"

then i hit back-connect it says ok but it doesn't show any text

Thanks for this, I'll get on to it when I get back next week.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here is a quick (unscientific) test of the GX85 vs ZS100 with the Cinelike D profile applied.  Maybe somebody with more experience than me can tell me if it's working on the ZS100.  It's close enough for me but I'm by no means experienced in this.

GX85 on the left ZS100 on the right.  Second half of the video has the Noam Kroll Cinelike D LUT applied.

GX85 (17 1.8): 0,-5,-2,-5
ZS100 (at 41mm): -3,-5,-2,-5

ZS100 showed a little more contrast so I dialled it down to -3 and seems pretty close.  I used AWB which may be responsible for the red cast outside on the ZS100.

Settings were 4k30, F4, ISO200 (ISO400 inside) Aperture priority (default exposure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoASMZ_RkmE

22 hours ago, jonpais said:

Automatic shutter? Do you mean you're shooting video using aperture priority? I'm seeing this on my iPhone, but it looks underexposed. Is this straight out of the camera?

Hey Jon! Yes aperture priority due to the quick approach. It was an exercise for the director, the actors and me.

Pans, tilts and some push ins/outs involved with my rubberband GX85 rig in uncontrolled light. I just wanted to illustrate quickly, that GX85

does produce nice color even with underexposed daylight shots at ISO 1250. It is a good camera for good 8bit color.

22 hours ago, mercer said:

That's 1080p? That looks fantastic Marty!!! Is this CineLikeD?

Hey Glenn, thank you very much! I was going for the skintones and more sublte hues and tones this time.

1080p at ISO 1250. Will post the video, once edited and if actors agree. Not CineD but Natural with Contrast and Color at 0. Graded with five nodes.

Just wanted to approve, that GX85 has nice colors and to show off the well discussed approach to stay at 0 for contrast and color and not to choose

to flatten the profile. Just like Noam Krolls approach for Cine D with contrast at 0.

21 hours ago, mercer said:

Haha, Jon... seriously I didn't read your comment before I commented. It may not be CineLikeD. It could definitely be standard. I have always been a fan of the way Marty colors his videos. He gets some deep shades. 

Honestly I am sorry I even brought up CineLikeD settings and exposure. I prefer to underexpose by a 1/3 a stop. Your stuff looks good ETTRd so in the end it doesn't matter. I don't even own a Panasonic camera anymore... so who cares what I think. 

You are right, Glenn, it´s not Cine D but Natural. My point was GX80 shows off nice colors at contrast and color at 0. Thank you for your appreciation.

21 hours ago, jonpais said:

I do care what you think, I like the colors as well, the skin tones look great (but like I said, I'm viewing it on my iPhone), but I'm wondering whether this is SOOC or graded. 

Jon, it´s graded, filmed in Natural at 0 for contrast and color following your and the other guys´approach to honour the 8bit and not going too flat :) Thanks for bringing

that approach up and for giving some more very interesting points about feeding the sensor with plenty light and not to worry blown out parts in meaningless parts of the image.

On 2017-6-2 at 3:24 PM, BTM_Pix said:

It needs to be on a camera, if you've still got a GH4?

If you can get it on to a camera then if you then connect to it with the cinelike D html file and send it the commands as per my posts further up to get what it sends back that would be a big benefit.

I think I have V2.3 somewhere. Someone with a GH4 would have to check whether for older firmware can be brought back (installed, once V2.4). Maybe that may be the way to get VLog to work on non GH series cameras.

Guy's,it's been over an hour I'm trying to connect gh4 with image app...I don't know wtf is going on,but there's no way I manage to connect...I tried NFC...with qr code..WiFi direct...restarting both phone and camera....no fu@*ING way to connect....it has been a while from my last attempt to connect but everything was ok then..don't know what has changed....something that I've never seen again,is that all of the times there was a message popping up,that said I had to connect to www.panasonic.xxxxxxxxx to verify...I tried both yes and no...but same result..no connection....

1 hour ago, Georgios said:

Guy's,it's been over an hour I'm trying to connect gh4 with image app...I don't know wtf is going on,but there's no way I manage to connect...I tried NFC...with qr code..WiFi direct...restarting both phone and camera....no fu@*ING way to connect....it has been a while from my last attempt to connect but everything was ok then..don't know what has changed....something that I've never seen again,is that all of the times there was a message popping up,that said I had to connect to www.panasonic.xxxxxxxxx to verify...I tried both yes and no...but same result..no connection....

I could be wrong but I tried changing setting in the camera for storing Custom settings, and I noticed that, maybe, Panasonic has changed something. Cause while the camera does engage CinelikeD, the message comes differently, I think, now.

Maybe it still happens, just that the handshake doesn't yield the same results (solely in terms of message on the browser). But everything does seem go happen. 

After many requested combinations G80 accepts:

<P><A HREF="http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?
mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=mov_25p_100mbps">mov 25p
100MBPS</A></P>

And

<P><A HREF="http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?
mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=mov_25p_200mbps">mov 25p
200MBPS</A></P>

Both generate same .mov corrupt files, so no hight bitrates here.

keep on searching

5 hours ago, Grimor said:

Dont know whats happen.

Try reinstalling imgapp 1.9.5, maybe

Tried that... unfortunately same results...

The popup message I mentioned earlier,is a link which drives me to the latest imageapp at play store...

So for now ,only help from me ,is the returns of the 2 commands BTM asked in previous post...

Sorry -:(

On 5/28/2017 at 1:07 AM, BTM_Pix said:

You don't need to use the Panasonic app, its all done through your browser.

1) Turn the wifi function on on the camera

2) In your wifi settings on the phone, connect to the camera. (NB Depending on how easy it is to load html files from a file on your particular phone, it might be easier to use a computer but there's no reason it won't work with a phone browser)

3) Load the html file attached here (the original one has now been updated to have both types of Cinelike)

4) Select Handshake

5) Depending on how successful your previous attempts have been the camera will accept the connection and you hit Connect.

6) If it hasn't connected first time the camera will time out. This is perfectly OK, it is waiting sometimes for a return authorisation which it wont get as we're not using the app. If this happens, just start the process again from step 1 and it will work second time round.

7) Once its connected the camera will say under remote control, then wait for it to show a live view on the LCD screen.

8) Select which version of Cinelike that you want.

9) For all subsequent connections, you won't have to do the two step handshake, it will just be > Turn on wifi on camera, connect wifi on phone, load html page, hit Handshake, hit Connect, wait for live view and then choose which Cinelike you want or select Restore to go back to Standard setting.

DEPLOY CINELIKE D AND V.html

Works just fine from my laptop... Could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME get it to work with my phone... Any idea why?

I'm on Android and using the Chrome browser...

I'm also using Chrome on the laptop and it worked just fine so... I dunno.

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Great work @BTM_Pix

On the GH5, maybe we could unlock that 400Mbit 4K mode ahead of time ;)

CineLikeD on the GX80 is a great start.

Agree, great work. Please don't forget us dusty GH4 users. It'd be great to see higher bitrates in 4K on the GH4. Color space increase?