Kowa AmamorphiC 35 - 1.5x

keessie65

My third lens is the Kowa anamorphiC 35 - 1.5x. The other two (Bolex 16/32/1.5 and Iscorama pre 36) I sold already. These three lenses belong to the top of anamorphics at 1.5x. They are different from each other but I like the sharpness and clearness of the Kowa. Perhaps this thread will give others to share ideas and footage. Here my first test, paired with the Voigtländer Ultron 40mm and Samsung NX1. Enjoy!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, keessie65 said:

My third lens is the Kowa anamorphiC 35 - 1.5x. The other two (Bolex 16/32/1.5 and Iscorama pre 36) I sold already. These three lenses belong to the top of anamorphics at 1.5x. They are different from each other but I like the sharpness and clearness of the Kowa. Perhaps this thread will give others to share ideas and footage. Here my first test, paired with the Voigtländer Ultron 40mm and Samsung NX1. Enjoy!

Kowa 1.5x is a dream lens. How do you find it against the Bolex?

42 minutes ago, funkyou86 said:

Kowa 1.5x is a dream lens. How do you find it against the Bolex?

Both are dreamlenses. The Bolex gives more flares and the Kowa give some clearer images. Both are extremely sharp, but I cannot say which one is more sharp. I took some pictures from buildings and the Bolex did look sharper. There are also differenses between several Bolex and Bolex Möller lenses. But this is what I see so far. I am happy with the Kowa ;-)

7 minutes ago, Juank said:

Nice set up,

less is more :grin:

how do you found the Ultron 40mm and the combination with the Kowa?

did you try Helios?

no ND?

thanks

Yes, less is more. The lenght is not so much, the weight is more. That makes the combo also more stable. The Ultrom works fine with the Ultron. But be carefull, there only 3 little screws on the back of the lens that holds your camera. You cannot walk aroud, you need a small rig. I don't have helios lenses and at this moment no ND filter. Step by step ... Soon I will sell another lens and then I can spend a little for something news.

On 21/05/2017 at 5:28 AM, keessie65 said:

Hey really curious.. why did you sell your  Iscorama pre 36?

42 minutes ago, hotdog said:

Hey really curious.. why did you sell your  Iscorama pre 36?

The Iscorama Pre 36 is a fine lens, beautiful flares. There are many ideas about sharpness and performance. I found that the Iscorama was not sharp enough and I also saw that there is more Colour aberration. 

4 hours ago, Honeamise said:

How do you think a slr magic rangefinder would go with this kowa ?

Do not know, I don't have a rangefinder.

26 minutes ago, keessie65 said:

The Iscorama Pre 36 is a fine lens, beautiful flares. There are many ideas about sharpness and performance. I found that the Iscorama was not sharp enough and I also saw that there is more Colour aberration. 

Thank you for the reply. It is good to know. Damn I would have bought the 36 from you if I had known more about anamorphics back then :grin: