Kineraw mini run through video, allusion on bmcc

KarimNassar

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good write-up by Cinema5D, but one thing that concerns me in the article is this:

"Not ideal for run and gun shooting, but the realtime debayering and backup into cineform (compressed) on a laptop was recommended by the manufacturer as a workflow."

Why would they recommend tethering a laptop on their light, portable camera? Could it be that the camera drops frames on its uncompressed RAW? I may be reading between the lines here, but it seems odd for them to recommend backup workflow when the camera has internal SSD recording.

Good write-up by Cinema5D, but one thing that concerns me in the article is this:

Why would they recommend tethering a laptop on their light, portable camera? Could it be that the camera drops frames on its uncompressed RAW? I may be reading between the lines here, but it seems odd for them to recommend backup workflow when the camera has internal SSD recording.

I am also a little confused by this. I think they said that in regards to the previous line of the article,which states that a 64gb ssd is filled up in 15min. Could simply use a higher capacity one then. If anyone wants to clear this up I am all ears too.

For me it is either this little chinese camera or the new 4K BMCC. I just love the color rendition on the Kineraws - it suits my tastes almost perfectly (the dynamic range ain't top but I can live with that no problemo).. but who knows how the 4K BMCC will look like. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be better than the Kineraw cam.

For me it is either this little chinese camera or the new 4K BMCC. I just love the color rendition on the Kineraws - it suits my tastes almost perfectly (the dynamic range ain't top but I can live with that no problemo).. but who knows how the 4K BMCC will look like. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be better than the Kineraw cam.

Seems like the BM Production Camera wins this one hands-down.  $1k more in price for double the resolution and global shutter, practically the same dynamic range, not that much bigger of a camera.  The MINI might have slightly better low-light ability because of its rolling shutter, but of course the trade-off is CMOS wobble.  

Not sure about the frame rates - I think the MINI can do slow-motion at 50 or 60fps.  

Another thing the Mini seems to have over BMD is its KineMount system, whereby other lenses can be adapted as if it was a mirrorless system.  PL, NEX, etc.