G85 Discontinued?

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

B&H occasionally has a few weird glitches when they mark something as discontinued when they just mean out of stock.

Plus the G7 would get discontinued before the G85....

I'm sure you're right, but maybe the G7 is a better seller than the G85... maybe the GH5 took the steam out of the G85's sales... so to speak. 

Probably just means that Panasonic isn't producing anymore body-onlies, just kits from now on.

I don't see much reason to buy the body-only anyways, when the kit is only $100 more and you can very easily sell the lens off for $200+ (or just hang onto it as it's pretty great for what it is).

9 hours ago, aldolega said:

Probably just means that Panasonic isn't producing anymore body-onlies, just kits from now on.

I don't see much reason to buy the body-only anyways, when the kit is only $100 more and you can very easily sell the lens off for $200+ (or just hang onto it as it's pretty great for what it is).

Yeah, that could be it, but the camera has only been out for about 6 months... seems a little soon to stop packaging bodies only, especially since they still produce them for the G7 or maybe it's a glitch on BH site like IronFilm thinks.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Fritz Pierre said:

Yes...but as IronFilm suggested...it's probably something with B&H ....Adorama lists the camera on backorder...Amazon has it..=probably unlikely to cancel a camera that is selling so well.

Amazon sells my ancient Canon SD camcorder too ....... but that does not make it any less discontinued. Amazon selling stuff, even a lot of it , is hardly a yardstick for product status.

Typically discontinued products happen when production ends, something that takes place when a new model is about to be released.

2 hours ago, tugela said:

Amazon sells my ancient Canon SD camcorder too ....... but that does not make it any less discontinued. Amazon selling stuff, even a lot of it , is hardly a yardstick for product status.

Typically discontinued products happen when production ends, something that takes place when a new model is about to be released.

Too true.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=G85&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=