what are your favorite lenses for your nx?

Daniel Galli

Hi guys, im gonna get some lens for my nx500 and i want to know what are your favorite lenses for different situations and why!

I like my zenit 44-m7 with the 4k crop mode, its feels like a 105mm and works really well on run n gun clips, and the extra crop factor helps to avoid some sharpness from the corners.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The 16-50S is one of the main reasons staying with the mount. I can't think of any better overall lens for an APS-C sensor. Image Stabilization, good focus dampening (or whatever it's called), fast AF (fastest on the system at least), 2f for its wider focal lengths (almost prime territory really), dust/splash proof, good build quality, iFN function (I just put the ISO there) and relatively light (for such a lens) that goes from 24-75mm. Those few extra mm in the wide end is a huge thing for me. If you only have to own one NX lens, let be it.

I have a moderate collection of legacy lenses but I have replaced most with NX lenses.

I love the Rokinon 12mm, 50mm, and 85mm Cine DS lenses, both with and without Luca's speedbooster. The aforementioned Sigma 18-35 and Samsung 16-50 S lens (especially for stills) are stellar as well. Regarding vintage glass, I mostly use the Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7, Tokina 28-70 F/2.6-2.8, and Nikkor AIS 28mm f/2.8. I've got a ton of lenses, but all these that I have just mentioned are what I use the most, for NX1 and NX500. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Galli said:

how works 12mm on speedboster? they have vignette?

im interest on rokinon 12mm t2.2 but i dont know if worth it the extra cash over the 12mm f2.0

Oh, the 12mm can't be speedboosted, it's a native NX mount and can't be adapted to anything else. The only difference between the the cine and stills versions of those lenses are the gearing and clickless aperture, the f/2 lens is also a t/2.2 lens, the cine lens just uses the traditional transmission measurement over f-stop. 

On 5/15/2017 at 1:55 AM, Kisaha said:

The 16-50S is one of the main reasons staying with the mount. I can't think of any better overall lens for an APS-C sensor. Image Stabilization, good focus dampening (or whatever it's called), fast AF (fastest on the system at least), 2f for its wider focal lengths (almost prime territory really), dust/splash proof, good build quality, iFN function (I just put the ISO there) and relatively light (for such a lens) that goes from 24-75mm. Those few extra mm in the wide end is a huge thing for me.

>>If you only have to own one NX lens, let be it.<<

+100500

I've invested in all the best NX primes thinking to flavour 16-50S, plus i have Nikon mount Samyang 24mm/f1.4 and Samyang 16mm/f2.0. And you know what? I rarely use all the bunch, but 16-50S is almost there. Also i love little 16-50/3.5-5.6 power-zoom (which came with the camera). You would not believe, but it is the second run-and-gun lens i use - it is sharp, great AF (much-much better that any NX prime), OIS supports the video nicely...

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2017 at 6:26 PM, Parker said:

Oh, the 12mm can't be speedboosted, it's a native NX mount and can't be adapted to anything else. The only difference between the the cine and stills versions of those lenses are the gearing and clickless aperture, the f/2 lens is also a t/2.2 lens, the cine lens just uses the traditional transmission measurement over f-stop. 

That's the main difference, but another distance is the rib style of where you turn the lens to pull focus. Cine lens's have more of a geared ribbing for follow focus systems. AND cine lens are prime focal lengths. And on a minor note Cine lens's look freaking cooler. :)

For NX500 get the pancake lenses like the 20mm f2 and the zoom 16-50mm f3.5-5.6

I used the 20mm f2 from a friend and its amazing. 
But if you do not mind, the S lens is of course the greatest thing that was ever invented except for its heavy weight, I prefer if it was more in the region of the Sony F2.8 lenses but then again you do get another stop of light with the S lens.

• 1 month later...

16-50 f2-2.8 definitely. When I first using nx1, I expect the fast auto focus tracking in video is working with any samsung lens. but not the case. most lens is not really useful at all for tracking in video. only some new lens works. the 16-50 f2-2.8 is among the best one. Very similar performance to the sony a6300/6500 system. add OIS, 120p full hd. This lens is a perfect mate to nx1.

I second (or third or fourth) the 16-50 S lens recommendation. I just picked one up in excellent condition used from keh and MAN this lens rules in all of the ways mentioned in this thread. I still have the 12mm f2 and 85mm f1.4 Rokinons for ultra-wide and portraits/extra reach, respectively. But I can't see myself using the 30mm pancake anymore. I do still see myself using the 45mm 1.8 but only on certain occasions. I have some FDs that I had been using, too, but I probably wouldn't use them except for certain looks. For traveling and mostly everything else, the 16-50S will be glued to my NX1.

I've actually been considering grabbing an NX500 to use the 30mm pancake with as a casual shooter and B cam. I used to love that combo, and got some of my favorite shots from that combo but I sold the NX500 to upgrade to the NX1. Now that I have some money saved and can afford to do it I think I'll grab myself an NX500 again. :yum:

For photography, the 16-50 f2-2.8 is the best for me. For anamorphic filming I use the Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f2.0, sharp with the Bolex 16/32/1.5x. I am now looking for the best 58mm lens to use with my anamorphic lens ánd the NXL adapter. I have the Mamiya 55mm f.1.4 which is good, but looking for the best... Voigtländer 58mm f1.4?

• 2 weeks later...