JVC is working on new cameras

Alt Shoo

@Ken Ross

Wait, no 4K60p like that hyped 'enthusiast' camera? I'm outta here. 

Hehe...Oh yes, it will get 4K 60p soon with a free firmware upgrade - but only when recording externally. Hmm...JVC is simply meh - compared to Panasonics newly released ARRI-killer... :grin:

BTW: Just waiting for the first enthusiastic lunatics claiming, now they will sell their REDs and ARRIs and go for the GH5...Like Canons DPReview/YouTube PR bullshit with the "revolutionary" 80D...
It's always the same: PR guys on steroids and their incompetent paid henchmen, trying to fire up peoples expectations and wondering, that their promisses can't be kept. Honesty and serious claims don't count any more - at cost of credibility lost...Even the crude reality is not that painful as evident exagerations and lies...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think JVC has the potential to change the game for the mid priced market if they do it right. Currently they are big in the ENG field, which is their bread and butter, but with the release of their GYLS300 they have brought to market an affordable "enthusiasts" cinema camera. So just like Sony, in the beginning they weren't taking serious, now look at them now. 

7 hours ago, Arikhan said:

@Ken Ross

Hehe...Oh yes, it will get 4K 60p soon with a free firmware upgrade - but only when recording externally. Hmm...JVC is simply meh - compared to Panasonics newly released ARRI-killer... :grin:

BTW: Just waiting for the first enthusiastic lunatics claiming, now they will sell their REDs and ARRIs and go for the GH5...Like Canons DPReview/YouTube PR bullshit with the "revolutionary" 80D...
It's always the same: PR guys on steroids and their incompetent paid henchmen, trying to fire up peoples expectations and wondering, that their promisses can't be kept. Honesty and serious claims don't count any more - at cost of credibility lost...Even the crude reality is not that painful as evident exagerations and lies...

• Super Members

Used the LS300 in anger a bit more at yesterday's job doing some quick pre-match build up stuff.

Really hard contrasty light and I haven't tested enough to know how much can be pulled up if you ETTR and so as I was in a rush many, many highlights were harmed in the making of it!

Cinema 2K, JLOG and Contax Zeiss 24-80 

Granada v Real Madrid Pre Match Edit.jpg

2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Used the LS300 in anger a bit more at yesterday's job doing some quick pre-match build up stuff.

Really hard contrasty light and I haven't tested enough to know how much can be pulled up if you ETTR and so as I was in a rush many, many highlights were harmed in the making of it!

Am loving what you're getting from the LS300. I really think I'd rather have it than a GH5.

Btw, your XT20 suggestion is interesting. I saw some nice videos online. 

4 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

1 minute ago, mercer said:

Am loving what you're getting from the LS300. I really think I'd rather have it than a GH5.

Yea very sweet footage. I like how you use JLog.  Hey how do you post the video and pictures in this forum? Every time I try I only place he links. 

• Super Members
1 minute ago, mercer said:

The face detect AF is just as good as the GH5 too

Blurred_face.jpg

1 minute ago, Alt Shoo said:

Yea very sweet footage. I like how you use JLog.  Hey how do you post the video and pictures in this forum? Every time I try I only place he links. 

I save the file locally and drag it onto the bottom of the reply.

Not sure how you do it if its hosted elsewhere though.

6 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The face detect AF is just as good as the GH5 too

Blurred_face.jpg

I save the file locally and drag it onto the bottom of the reply.

Not sure how you do it if its hosted elsewhere though.

lol that's a good one lol

Ok thanks I'll try that dragging thing. 

• Super Members

EDIT

1 minute ago, Kisaha said:

Sorry but what I see is terrible, I supposedly have a color corrected 1440p monitor (not top of the range, but a few years ago it was quite good). The Face Detect photo just under it seems much better!

I wouldn't argue with that at all to be fair.

26 minutes ago, mercer said:

Btw, your XT20 suggestion is interesting. I saw some nice videos online. 

In the right hands (not mine I hasten to add!) its a very capable little performer.

28 minutes ago, Alt Shoo said:

Copy and paste the link, but wait a few seconds for the video to embed before you hit enter or save.

• Super Members
10 minutes ago, mercer said:

Looks great! Speedbooster? Is that a push/pull zoom or does it have a zoom ring? 

No, the C/Y>MFT speedbooster doesn't arrive til next week so I was manually speedboosting by stepping back a bit!

Shot in Cinema 2K so I could have the option (which I used !) of the extra range on the long end using the Prime Zoom function.

Its a push pull, which isn't ideal but its a hell of a lens for the well under £300 you can get them on eBay for.

Some user reviews here 

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat/lenses/35mm-zoom/contax/vario-sonnar-t-28-85mm-f3-3-4-zoom/prd_84513_3128crx.aspx