Small matte box needed - any idea?

Arikhan

Hi guys,

I would like to buy a affordable, small matte box for DSLR/DSLM. That should be a real decent/small matte box (I would prefer a swing away solution), to keep the cameras portable and not that intimidating. "Regular" matte boxes are a little bit oversized for my NX1 and A6500. Anyone some good ideas?

Thank you!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is a fairly small light box...not the kind of Arri brutal manufacture where you use the matte box for a handle for your rig, but infinitely adjustable....especially for DSLR rigs which can vary considerably in height...the bellows on the front also accommodate compression, so if you're say working on a lens that zooms, it can accommodate some of that movement....I standardized my lenses with flared metal lens hoods that mate well to the bellows on the box....I think they may even offer larger bellows as an option to mate with large PL mount lens fronts on Cine lenses...at 200 something sales price a bargain!

@Fritz Pierre

at 200 something sales price a bargain!

That's absolutely true - and the seller is a British company...

@DaveAltizer

Thank you for sharing your experience. Unfortunately my budget for this matte box is max 800 EUR. I understand, the Bright Tangerine products are well made and in carbon fiber - so pro DP use them very often, but they are simply not affordable for my needs in this case

@Kubrickian

Have you considered https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1313888-REG/wooden_camera_241600_zip_box_double_4x5_65.html

No...Now I'll take a look at the different solutions and make a decision...The shoot35 cinebox looks solid and affordable - the wooden camera device you proposed could fit my demands too and buying both would fit my budget...Thank you!