NEW Pilotfly one-handed gimbal that lets you see the rear screen !

Stefan Antonescu

maxresdefault.jpg

H245-pic01_1200X1200.jpg

New Pilotfly H2-45 Gimbal. Up to 4.9 lb (2.2 kg). Probably $999 like the H2.
https://pilotfly.de/epages/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc/Products/000012&Locale=en_GB

Unboxing :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubl0hYcuPo4

IMO, this is huge if you don't use an external monitor ! Should be available next month.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, 3-axis is pretty self explanatory for the straight forward designs we've seen. Don't know if this is harder to balance, tougher on the motors and battery life... if losing a couple of degrees from the straight axis makes it less stable? Maybe it helps with the walk-bounce? But it's sure nice to have a clear view of the screen for camera without a vari-angle screen or stabilizer with configurable set-up that can swing the arm the other way around for the left side to be clear. Interesting for sure. Hopefully they'll have some kind of trade-in/upgrade programm for H2 users.

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

Well, 3-axis is pretty self explanatory for the straight forward designs we've seen. Don't know if this is harder to balance, tougher on the motors and battery life... if losing a couple of degrees from the straight axis makes it less stable? Maybe it helps with the walk-bounce? But it's sure nice to have a clear view of the screen for camera without a vari-angle screen or stabilizer with configurable set-up that can swing the arm the other way around for the left side to be clear. Interesting for sure. Hopefully they'll have some kind of trade-in/upgrade programm for H2 users.

Battery life is 26 hours. Even if it's only half in real life, I think it's plenty for most users.

Good timing, thinking of ditching osmo x5 and get a gimbal for proper camera instead, this solves my no 1 annoyance with gimbal, cant see @$#%$# screen! With osmo you get big monitor aka phone but with slight lag.

5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

I doubt that it makes any difference as the center of gravity is still directly over the handle...from a physics standpoint the 45 degree or whatever the angle is that the mount migrates out, is cancelled out by the same angle and height of the return...the gimbal should notice no difference....in fact balancing should be easier as there's nothing behind the camera to prevent you from moving it backwards or forward to compensate for larger lenses...

21 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

I doubt that it makes any difference as the center of gravity is still directly over the handle...from a physics standpoint the 45 degree or whatever the angle is that the mount migrates out, is cancelled out by the same angle and height of the return...the gimbal should notice no difference....in fact balancing should be easier as there's nothing behind the camera to prevent you from moving it backwards or forward to compensate for larger lenses...

That actually a good point! seems like you can move camera back further than before, maybe mounting anamorphic lens on it is possible with this design

10 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

That actually a good point! seems like you can move camera back further than before, maybe mounting anamorphic lens on it is possible with this design

Exactly!...this is a huge factor in this gimbal...may require a longer than standard QR plate, but providing you're within the weight limit you could now get more lens on there and of course anamorphic would be the holy grail...

Very good production video, amazing city (this, must, be).

The most important issue with stabilizers is the balancing procedure, if it is equally good (hopefully better) than the Crane, then they have a winner, if it's not, then, don't!

On 5/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, Stefan Antonescu said:

Battery life is 26 hours. Even if it's only half in real life, I think it's plenty for most users.

The battery life on my Beholder DS1 is 9000 hours switched off. I am impressed that the batteries have yet to leak and finish the pile of crap off for good. Wasn't there a myriad of problems with the original Pilot that did not come to light until after the initial showboating videos?

• Super Members

It looks brilliant.

But they all do when other people are using them.

When I get my hands on one it looks like I was shooting while walking over a path of upturned Lego and 3 pin mains plugs.

Does anyone know if Pilotfly's place in Augsburg is an actual retail premises where you can go and try one and get help setting it up?

Will this be able to hold my bmpcc+sb+Sigma 18-35? I want a pistol gimbal so badly. Bmpcc 355g + SB 160g + Sigma 811g = 1.33Kg. The H2-45 can handle 2.2Kg so this actually work right?! Please make this one be good!!

Also what is the verdict on the Nebula series? They have a new 5100 series coming out...

I had the Pilotfly and the Crane. Crane is actually much smoother. The city video is done by rollerblading this is why it is so smooth. I am not paying more than Crane for less smoothness. No way... 

good idea for the 45 angle though 

19 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Very good production video, amazing city (this, must, be).

The most important issue with stabilizers is the balancing procedure, if it is equally good (hopefully better) than the Crane, then they have a winner, if it's not, then, don't!

Was wondering what city, then saw the bridge at 1:16: https://youtu.be/VGgZRrfXUBA?t=1m16s (Sydney Australia, did the bridge climb a few years ago- highly recommended!).