Imagine Editing with both hands using the Hololens

jcs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The hololens is super cool, we have one at work, but honestly it was a little disappointing the first time I played with it; the "window" of holograms that you get to see projected in front of you is just quite small, I'd say maybe a 10 or 20%-sized box of your vision? I don't know, it's certainly not as cool as the promotional material seems to indicate though. Yes you can plan Minecraft on your kitchen tabletop or whatever, but still, only in that tiny box. It is pretty neat how it literally looks like a hologram floating in front of you though. The resolution isn't amazing yet either, so I'm not sure how great the current headset would be for actual editing, needing high-res, etc. 

As far as an immersive, futuristic experience, I was much more impressed by the HTC Vive, which is only $800 compared to $3,000 for the Hololens. Either way, it'll be very interesting to see what kind of tech and gadgets comes out of this segment as it matures. Just imagine the shenanigans the next generation of kids is going to get caught doing by their parents! 

On 4/30/2017 at 0:16 AM, jcs said:

Imagine editing quickly and freely with both hands (standing up and moving around!) with GUIs as seen in Minority Report.

In regards to Tom Cruise and computer interfaces, perhaps a sofa could be converted into a giant track pad that "clicks" when the user jumps up and down on it.