GH5 slow motion comparison (vs sony a6500, A7SII...)

Grégory LEROY

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Amazingly detailed!...is this in 8bit or 10 bit internal?

Yep, 8 bit fhd 180fps Vlog all settings -5

i have to apply plugins and effects in AE for a second part of video

what i did:

Upscale fhd using AE effect in distort section using detailed upscale ( i did the same upscale in the first ungraded clips)

i set details to 100%

Than i denoise this clip a little using Neat Video. So i get more accurate colors and less artefacts

Than i apply:

1- unsharp mask with 80, 0,8 settings

2- colorista II pop effect set to 25

render all this to 2.5k wmv 10mbps cbr 2 pass

so i get clean and shap image in 2,5k

On 15.5.2017 at 5:16 AM, Eduardo Granadsztejn said:

the gh5 sensor is already 2x crop, what are you telling me?

There is a HUGE difference. The 2x of the Gh5 crops the image circle of the lens, while the 2x on the Sony crops the sensor. I had terrible noise using the slomo of the a7s2, (but also have terrible noise using slomo on the GH5 above 400 ISO) And having a consistant crop (more or less with speedbooster) allows faster working.

1 hour ago, tonysss said:

GH5 360fps :-) 

The project is 25p and the shots GH5 are 180fps/50p  slowed to 50%

I don't get this...If you recorded this at 180 fps, how can the final clip end up being 14,4 times slower (360 fps) than realtime without using generated frames from twixtor or something? Am i missing something?

2 minutes ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

I don't get this...If you recorded this at 180 fps, how can the final clip end up being 14,4 times slower (360 fps) than realtime without using generated frames from twixtor or something? Am i missing something?

GH5 saves slow-motion shots to 1080/50p, and my project is 1080/25p, so 50p slow motion shots slow down to 50% and no twixtor is needed

12 minutes ago, tonysss said:

GH5 saves slow-motion shots to 1080/50p, and my project is 1080/25p, so 50p slow motion shots slow down to 50% and no twixtor is needed

Can't GH5 conform at 25fps from 180fps HFR ? What's the gain of conforming to 50 fps in camera and then stretching in a 25 fps timeline? The final footage is still shot at 180 fps, you can't produce 360 fps clips from 180 fps footage without generating frames. Correct me if i am wrong.

7 minutes ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

Can't GH5 conform at 25fps from 180fps HFR ? What's the gain of conforming to 50 fps in camera and then stretching in a 25 fps timeline? The final footage is still shot at 180 fps, you can't produce 360 fps clips from 180 fps footage without generating frames. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes it's pseudo 360fps :-) it's 14x slowed

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 16/05/2017 at 1:13 PM, Dimitris Stasinos said:

180fps is 180fps.

To title it 360fps is nonsense :)