New EOSHD front-page template, faster loading and full width articles

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, JBraddock said:

I do like single-column layout articles. But, Andrew, I think you should consider putting a max-width value for the article text. If one is reading an article in full-width of their screen resolution as I do then the article layout gets way too wide that it breaks the layout typographically as it increases word per line quite a bit and slows down the reader and makes it difficult to go to the next line.

You can wrap featured image in a separate div so that it still covers the whole size of the screen while wrapping the main text in a separate div, centre it and put a max-width value to it.

A sensible suggestion, will look into it!

hey andrew, i like the refresh~!

if youre taking suggestions, my only thought is that there are a lot of fonts on the home page, i would reduce the number and go back to all sans serif, or, add more seriffed fonts if thats what youre feelin rn ?

Agree with Jimmy and I think there's another almost subliminal aspect to the EOSHD forum name...it's in the impartiality of the site, as you certainly critisize Canon in spite of the amount of their cameras you've owned/own and the forum name...there is a neutrality that's used in looking at various cameras lenses etc. Members are still fanboys of various cameras, but the EOSHD site treats all cameras based on the performance they produce and commentary they merit, rather than their brand...(there's a certain attractive defiance in that, in terms of marketing/branding)...something especially of great value for someone newly coming into the field with enquiries re that first camera, lenses etc.