Live coverage - Blackmagic Production Camera 4K and Pocket Cinema Camera

Andrew Reid

Yessir. Anything adaptable to other M4/3 cameras is also adaptable to this. 

This might pose quite a thread to Panasonic. The whole GH-crowd who uses the Panasonics solely for video is probably switching over to the BMPCC right now. I just did ;)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Meanwhile on the Blackmagic forum:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6795&start=10

We don't anticipate any delays. That said, anything can happen, so I wouldn't give you an absolute guarantee if your job is on the line. Right now, we're working to improve shipping capacity and trying to fill BMCC EF orders as quickly as possible.

Fingers crossed! (pre-ordered my BMPCC...)

It's impressive and I've worked in 16mm for 30 years and it'll be great to be able to use 16mm cine zoom lenses.  But honestly, can't someone take them aside and show them what a camera looks like?  Absolutely terrible form factor.  No viewfinder for shooting in daylight and maintaining focus.  No XLR connectors or a small auxiliary connector for input from a mixer.

It's impressive and I've worked in 16mm for 30 years and it'll be great to be able to use 16mm cine zoom lenses.  But honestly, can't someone take them aside and show them what a camera looks like?  Absolutely terrible form factor.  No viewfinder for shooting in daylight and maintaining focus.  No XLR connectors or a small auxiliary connector for input from a mixer.

Just attach an LCD loupe and there's your viewfinder. Cheap solution.

They couldn't fit an XLR connector on that thing if they tried. Best option is still an external recorder + shotgun mic, sadly.

I love the form factor. I'll look like a stupid tourist shooting with a Sony NEX. Super stealthy!

Just put it on a rig / in a cage if you want to make it bigger. I'm sure there will be plenty of options.

obligatory:  shit, I think I just came.  

Man, this is exactly what I was bitching about to my friend the other day.  There's a ton of great old cinema lenses out there being under-utilized and with the kinda crappy, but handy ETC mode on the GH2, really, who's using them besides those Pentax Q Mount guys?  Anyway, I've been picking them up with the idea that I'd eventually try to pick up a flea and mate it to a thinkpad tablet in some kind of frankenrig somehow, but .. screw that, I'll just sell my gh2 and buy this if they can deliver.  I'm assuming that based on that sensor coverage spreadsheet that the majority of the 16mm film lenses will work well on this, without vignetting, with full resolution so we get all the nice anti-moire/anti-aliasing processing (or not, I dunno).  Take THAT ikonoscop!  :D