Matching GH3 and GH2 Picture Styles for Multi-Cam Edits

Creagle

I have been using a Hacked GH2 with Flow Motion 2 the preferred setting...I just got a GH3 and I need some guidance from those who know on how to set-up the two cameras to use in a Multi-Cam edit so that the picture quality, colour, look and feel are similar. Perhaps a different hack for the GH2 would be a better fit with the GH3, I don't know.

Any thoughts?

Creagle

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for the guidance Andy Lee, very thoughtful...I have been through the You Tube as you suggest but I fear the dilemma is the that I know not the quality of the 70 or so versions and upgrades of hacks that are available as I quickly settled on the use of the Flow Motion as it is stable and very good quality. I believe that the first step would be to find a comparable patch for the GH2 that is similar to the GH3's qualities and then tweak things from there.

The GH2-GH3 caparisons that I found on the You Tube were either spec comparisons or footage comparisons for extreme l lighting conditions etc. and not what I really need...but thanks again for the suggestion.

Cheers...Creagle

Creagle:

I've been doing multicam shoots with my GH2 and GH3 since it came out in December.  You can check it out on youtube:

http://youtu.be/gN-oI1GzSfU

I am using 2 GH2s with Flowmotion 2.02 hack, and a GH3.  The GH2's are both on tripods, the "wandering" camera (monopod) on the right side is the GH3.  Here are other videos as well:

http://youtu.be/OaCnWQt35CU

For steadicam, GH2 with Flowmotion hack, GH3 on handheld rig; concert two GH2s on left of stage, GH3 on right.

http://youtu.be/Yh14gC02sJQ

This one shot all anamorphic.  Wide front is GH2 LA7200, Closeup front is GH3 Sankor Anamorphic, Wide right is GH2 Eiki Anamorphic.

GH2s are set to Vibrant -2-2-2-2, Flowmotion 2.02.  GH3 is set to Vibrant -3-4-3-5, and I use mostly 1080P60P 50mbit.  In post I use Adobe Premiere CS6, with Fast Color Corrector.  Sometimes I have to change the hue of the GH3 to match the GH2.   I add saturation, GH2 about 120%, GH3 about 125-150%.  It all depends on the look of the GH2 since I can't change it too much, but the GH3 has much more latitude so it's easier to match it to the GH2.   I also use Neat Video to remove noise, and add a little grain with MB Looks.

It is very possible to get very good results with these cameras.  I hope this helps you with your project.