Panasonic Teases New Compact Cinema Camera

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/30/2017 at 1:40 AM, Fritz Pierre said:

I don't see any Alexa or Mini for under 25000 used in ready to shoot condition and the other cameras I consider are Panasonics (no reality basis in my discussion here...just fun speculation)...so to me the Canons, Reds or Sonys are not Panny target...image wise...the target is their market share though....but let's put a RED weapon in there....what is the cost of a used RED Weapon kitted out to shoot.... $9000 or in that range???...anyway...nobody knows and we can just dream about our subjective needs and what Panny will want for them...in 5 weeks we can play "who got the closest" and I'll probably be the farthest off ? 

Plenty of Arri Alexa Classics going for US$15K-ish

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Wow...I've been watching one from Israel for +- $23000...but that was minus viewfinder, batteries viewfinder media etc....I was looking at them relative to SonyF35's but never saw them at that low a price...that was months ago though...with a high speed license, media & viewfinder that is an amazing price for the Alexa Classic!

19 hours ago, Fritz Pierre said:

How did you get your hands on an early release of the mystery camera?...that looks just like what's under the veil!!

This is what it looks like now with a Rode shotgun mike, Cage I bought and the dreaded Dead Cat! 14-140mm on there also. But yes I think it might look a lot like the old AF100's did. Why not. It was a pretty good design. But looks like they may have moved the ND Knob?

IMG_1501[1].JPG

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

You're right...just saw this listing....seems like an amazing price and very complete package...can't believe how far they are coming down in price!

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?350342-ARRI-ALEXA-Classic-968-hours-Highspeed-Licence-(120fps)-PRICE-TO-SALE-EU

51 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Why it's still there for half a year though?

Not many people can afford an Arri Classic or have the jobs that warrant one. 15 grand is a lot of money to pay unless you're doing some high end narrative work.

36 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Great price!....but hello!...look at the shipping costs!...there is a scheme afoot where one pays the shipping (usually very high) separately on an item with too good a price to be true...you pay everything....the camera never shows up, and you are refunded by PayPal...but the cost of shipping is gone?...of course 5000+ hours on this one rather than the 1060 on the one I posted above....who knows??

51 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Great price!....but hello!...look at the shipping costs!...there is a scheme afoot where one pays the shipping (usually very high) separately on an item with too good a price to be true...you pay everything....the camera never shows up, and you are refunded by PayPal...but the cost of shipping is gone?...of course 5000+ hours on this one rather than the 1060 on the one I posted above....who knows??

Well part of the reason it is that high is the Insurance you have to pay to ship it. So i doubt it is a rip off scheme. They charge you out the butt for 11k of insurance. And it does come with a Flight Case. They are Heavy to ship. It really is not out of line at all.

But that is a Damn good price for that camera. There is really not anything you can't shoot with that camera other than 4k. Make a full feature film if you want. GAS.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well part of the reason it is that high is the Insurance you have to pay to ship it. So yes, I would think 100-125 bucks would be more like it. So i doubt it is a rip off scheme. They charge you out the butt for 11k of insurance. And 50 bucks is not hard to believe just to ship it. It really is not out of line.

But that is a Damn good price for that camera. There is really not anything you can't shoot with that camera other than 4k. Make a full feature film if you want. GAS.

Yes...but the shipping cost for the one Pannyhvs posted was $850!! ...that seems to be getting on the extreme side of shipping costs!...and that price seems too good to be true also!!!...as it has the high speed license and everything!

On 5/2/2017 at 6:54 AM, Kisaha said:

Why it's still there for half a year though?

Because he started high? Then brought it down. 

Plus such very expensive niche items always do take a long time to sell.

On 5/2/2017 at 7:47 AM, mercer said:

Not many people can afford an Arri Classic or have the jobs that warrant one. 15 grand is a lot of money to pay unless you're doing some high end narrative work.

However at US$12K-ish (or $15K ish) that is really not that much more of a leap than a Sony FS7 / F5 / Canon C300 mk2 / etc, and those kinds of cameras are a dime a dozen! Seen on even very very cheap jobs. 

On 5/2/2017 at 6:04 AM, Fritz Pierre said:

You're right...just saw this listing....seems like an amazing price and very complete package...can't believe how far they are coming down in price!

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?350342-ARRI-ALEXA-Classic-968-hours-Highspeed-Licence-(120fps)-PRICE-TO-SALE-EU

Especially when  you remember that the sensor in the Arri Alexa Class is "EXACTLY" the same as what is in the latest and greatest and popular Arri Alexa Mini!

On 5/2/2017 at 8:08 AM, Fritz Pierre said:

Great price!....but hello!...look at the shipping costs!...there is a scheme afoot where one pays the shipping (usually very high) separately on an item with too good a price to be true...you pay everything....the camera never shows up, and you are refunded by PayPal...but the cost of shipping is gone?.

If you are local in LA the shipping is only US$150, which for such an item seems extremely reasonable.
Shipping is only expensive because you are so far away?

16 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

If you are local in LA the shipping is only US$150, which for such an item seems extremely reasonable.
Shipping is only expensive because you are so far away?

I can understand shipping a high priced item like this for 150 or 250 ...it would of course have to be completely insured but the listing that PannySVHS  posted a link to, listed the shipping costs at $850 in eBay....did not specify to where....just 850....smelled fishy to me...my sister-in-law who's a painter got caught up in a gigh shipping cost scam when somebody bought some paintings from her...maybe I'm wrong of course!

1 hour ago, Hanriverprod said:

I just want varicam colors with a s35 sensor, e var nd, and some kind of raw out for ~5 grand. Could care less about af, ibis, or higher 4k slo-mo options.

Get an LS300... I'm unsure if there is a better deal on the planet right now for cost to features.

1 minute ago, Fritz Pierre said:

I can understand shipping a high priced item like this for 150 or 250 ...it would of course have to be completely insured but the listing that PannySVHS  posted a link to, listed the shipping costs at $850 in eBay....did not specify to where....just 850....smelled fishy to me...my sister-in-law who's a painter got caught up in a gigh shipping cost scam when somebody bought some paintings from her...maybe I'm wrong of course!

I saw $850 too, but I live in New Zealand... thus that seems extremely reasonable for me!

When I changed my location to something closer to the seller, it dropped to $150, also seems very reasonable to me!!

Just now, IronFilm said:

I saw $850 too, but I live in New Zealand... thus that seems extremely reasonable for me!

When I changed my location to something closer to the seller, it dropped to $150, also seems very reasonable to me!!

Have to say this camera is pretty tempting at that price....high hours but as they are workhorses, very tempting....anyway thanks for clarifying....I have to be less cynical ??... I remember years ago selling an HVX 200 on Craigslist and all the scams coming in at that time was from someone in the "US Military"...who had a daughter in London or Paris going to Art School??