Fuji X-T2 narrative short...Feedback, please

Thomas Hill

This is my first short in too long and I definitely feel out of practice. We had this great location for a few hours, so it was a quick shoot with the X-T2 handheld (except for the wide shot of the house) and using the 18-55mm kit lens in auto-focus with OIS. The auto-focus worked great but did take a couple breaths, which you'll spot. The location was awesome visually but terrible for audio. The road just on the other side of the house had surprisingly constant traffic (I guess everyone in Zip City, AL wanted to be somewhere else on a Saturday) plus the wind was rough, too. We did our best.

I am even more of a novice when it comes to editing and would really appreciate feedback, especially on the look of it and the audio, before I lock it down.

On the audio, I have it peaking about -12 with the ambient and music tracks in stereo, one track panned 50% left and the other 50% right.

For video, I shot in classic chrome with sharpening turned down then applied an "80s film" filter and tweaked the curves and brightness/contrast. I love the Fuji SOOC colors but I was going for a 70s slasher film look. The screengrabs are first SOOC, then 80s filter only, then filter + curves/b&c.

The short is password protected because it's not finished, password is hide12

Image1b.jpg

Image1a.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image2b.jpg

Image2a.jpg

Image2.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs