Happy Birthday (a6000 Short Film)

Matt Kieley

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice work like usual Matt. In the end, no matter what camera you use, I'm always engaged by your stories and characters. The a6000 was probably a good choice though, solid 1080 in 24p and 60p.

Do you like it more than the BMPCC? Why the a6000 over the GH2? Any plans for another feature?

Awesome piece, Matt! Beautiful and beautifully done. Have been thinking about the A6000 for lens reasons lately, having really cheap wide angles

at hand with a focal reducer. Well, watching the B-roll now!:) Oh, and Happy Birthday, Matt!:)

Edit: Oh, and weird, the very beginning with the slow motion part reminded me of Scorseses Mean Streets. I don´t know why it did.

And then, in the second part of your film the song ... from Means Streets by the master himself. Magic!

Eoshd, great place for camera and film enthusiasts!

On 4/17/2017 at 7:22 AM, mercer said:

Nice work like usual Matt. In the end, no matter what camera you use, I'm always engaged by your stories and characters. The a6000 was probably a good choice though, solid 1080 in 24p and 60p.

Do you like it more than the BMPCC? Why the a6000 over the GH2? Any plans for another feature?

Thanks! It's made me a Sony fan for sure. I am selling my BMPCC. It's still a great camera, but I got the a6000 for the APS-C sensor so I can use FD lenses without nearly twice the crop. And I wanted a camera that doesn't require much grading (there's barely any in this video, just some level and color wheel adjustments in Lumetri) and can work more easily without the need to rig it. I had been eyeing the a6000 since it first came out, but the reported overheating issues scared me away from Sony. I haven't had any overheating so far. I even let the camera run for like 5+ hours to stress test it and it was fine.

On 4/17/2017 at 4:56 PM, PannySVHS said:

Awesome piece, Matt! Beautiful and beautifully done. Have been thinking about the A6000 for lens reasons lately, having really cheap wide angles

at hand with a focal reducer. Well, watching the B-roll now!:) Oh, and Happy Birthday, Matt!:)

Edit: Oh, and weird, the very beginning with the slow motion part reminded me of Scorseses Mean Streets. I don´t know why it did.

And then, in the second part of your film the song ... from Means Streets by the master himself. Magic!

Eoshd, great place for camera and film enthusiasts!

Thanks! I love Scorsese, but I forgot that song was in Mean Streets. It usually reminds me of a different movie with Harvey Keitel: Bad Lieutenant. And also John Carpenter's Christine, to a lesser extent. The opening shot/song was inspired by the Harmony Korine film "Mister Lonely"