JVC GY-LS900 cinema camera rumored

Alt Shoo

In the JVC Gyls300 Facebook user group Lon Mass from JVC spoke about a 900 version that may materialize! Here's hoping for 10 or 12 bit recording and Raw output with some advanced features, like better body, EVF etc. 

Also there is a big announcement about the JVC GYls300 this week!!! Sounds like JVC is taking Cinematography Cameras very serious!!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ohhhhh.... !!! Exciting!

But they have very tough competition however vs FS5/FS7/C300mk2

It will take a *lot* to drag away owner ops from the brands/models that producers/directors trust.

But if they can launch it at the same price as the LS300 arrived at, but with internal 4K 60p 10bit and the ergonomics of an FS5/FS7, then they might have a hit on their hands!

• Super Members

I've just got the Atomos Ninja Inferno as the first part of the equation before I got the LS300 to go with it but I was holding out until after NAB to be certain.

I suspect with the recently announced updates for the LS300 that it will very much remain a current camera and that this new one will sit above it in the range so might not be for me anyway. 

If it creates enough buzz though it might give the LS300 a shot in the arm as well to create awareness that JVC is a viable alternative to the usual suspects if you need something flexible.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I've just got the Atomos Ninja Inferno as the first part of the equation before I got the LS300 to go with it but I was holding out until after NAB to be certain.

I suspect with the recently announced updates for the LS300 that it will very much remain a current camera and that this new one will sit above it in the range so might not be for me anyway. 

If it creates enough buzz though it might give the LS300 a shot in the arm as well to create awareness that JVC is a viable alternative to the usual suspects if you need something flexible.

Yes I believe that as well. I think jvc is ready to take this seriously! Also The Ls300 looks like it is selling well at B&H.