Help! Weird green noise.

NX1user

A friend and I were working on a fun project this past weekend. Canon C500 outputting 4k 10-bit 422 to a Shogun Inferno recording in ProRes 422HQ. Sometimes on the Shogun we could see a little green noise in the highlights, but didn't think it was actually recording it. Well, it was recording it.

It's not my camera or Shogun, so I can't check anything on it now that the shoot is over.

What is causing that green noise?

How can I get rid of it in post?

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 8.32.57 PM.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 hours ago, Grimor said:

Dont know then.

You can check anyway if is faulty sensor, or a bug or just the peaking

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I was hoping someone here would have seen it before and know the answer.

Update: The files recorded in the C500 are fine. They're 1080 and compressed, but fine.

My friend emailed Atomos about the problem. They told him to update the firmware on his Shogun Inferno. That fixed the problem.

It doesn't fix my footage though. I'm still looking for a solution that doesn't involve spending the next year masking or rotoscoping.

11 hours ago, Orangenz said:

"Change to color" in AE would probably work on the green dots? The black dots might be more of a problem. 

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I tried it in Premiere, but it wouldn't function properly. I forget that AE has those tools too and sometimes they work better there.