NX-1 vs 5D4 vs GH5 Test series

Juxx989

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nx1: still much more details, faster and more consistent af and better colors. Gh5: much better is, 60fps more at 2k, slightly less rs.

For video gh5 is probably the best choice right now, if someone is starting a system from scratch. Nx1 is a much better camera for stills and very good for video nevertheless.

On a side note, a big thumbs up for this guy, who is still considering nx1, while most other previous "supporters" simply forgot about it.

Found another video this one is NX1 vs GH5 straight up... I believe hes a Korean brother... Figured I would post here rather than make a new thread...

It seems the NX-1 is way sharper (can be good or bad depending) and the 10bit color on GH5 does look a little "Thicker" but I could easily get them to match in resolve... 

also I dont think he has NX-1 is in standard color profile if you dont want to correct much it looks great.. 

Guess im not the only one going down with the Samsung ship!  Trapped in a velvet coffin! :) 

That is all..

color wise: i quit from M43 because of colors. I could never get correct colors from GH4, photo and video both. Sometimes picture is nice, but collors are wrong. Espetially in photo mode. Ive investet in Cilkipix and all other possible converters without any big improovment. And i tried everything, and i loved M43 format and concept, and i had All the best M43 lenses, and i had some other Panasonics and Olympus. Final  breaking decission happened when Panasonic involved 20mp trend instead of 16mp development on its sensor... And also M43 AF system Olways stresset me in a bad mood...

I will take NX1 with me in a grave, because now i have COLORS and features. Sad on manufactor decissions only...

Samsung has created a camera too futuristic to be replaced soon.
The great definition, detail, ergonomics make NX1 an irreplaceable camera.
I hope that the Samsung resume soon to build camera, or that some manufacturers put on the market a new camera taking inspiration from NX1 camera, acquiring its technology and perhaps implementing it with a full frame sensor.

3 hours ago, lucabutera said:

I hope that the Samsung resume soon to build camera

it was made official no cameras from Samsung...

http://english.etnews.com/20170406200003

Now only if we could get that source code or whatever kino and them need... ML Can squeeze 4k Raw out of a 5D MK3 I know raw video could be possible on NX-1

Im sure this is over simplifying  but it seems you would have to just tell the camera to record 24 8mp raw files a second... It can do 15 a sec with 28mp raw... this seems plausible 

I really wish I knew reverse engineering... or forward engineering even!

10 hours ago, Juxx989 said:

it was made official no cameras from Samsung...

http://english.etnews.com/20170406200003

Now only if we could get that source code or whatever kino and them need... ML Can squeeze 4k Raw out of a 5D MK3 I know raw video could be possible on NX-1

Im sure this is over simplifying  but it seems you would have to just tell the camera to record 24 8mp raw files a second... It can do 15 a sec with 28mp raw... this seems plausible 

I really wish I knew reverse engineering... or forward engineering even!

Like this? https://www.zynamics.com/software.html 

Here we are boys (or ladies) another found GH5 V NX1 test...    

The GH5 seems to have better low light at the same ISO and F-stop in some shots...as before the NX-1 is super sharp... almost clinical but I suppose you could do the old stocking trick if you dont like it...http://www.thehurlblog.com/film-education-online-diffusion-for-the-digital-age-part-2/ 

(side note: pretty sad to know the model in this second video has passed)

The GH5 vs NX-1 vs 5D IV... saga continues...

He is saying the NX-1 4:2:0 8bit has more detail than the GH5 4:2:2 10bit... but he is using the stock NX-1 with no hack and I dont think he has the upgraded GH5 10 Bit... 

But from what I understand I think he is missing the point... the sharpness of the NX-1 has never been in question... the main reason for 10bit is expanded color space and grading flexibility not sharpness

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/5/2017 at 7:48 PM, Juxx989 said:

Hey all found Another Couple Comparison videos... First one is Fuji X-T2 vs NX1.... Then XT2, NX1 NikD5500 Sony a5100

Wonder if I should have made a new thread... Ill just keep posting here is I find more...   

Incredible how the nx1 is still the best at least up to 1600 and among the best after that.

• 4 weeks later...