Premiere Pro crash when opening explorer dialogue

Inazuma

I have this problem with Premiere and it's been happening for years and continues to happen despite constant updates and despite having changed my PC a couple months ago.

The problem is that about 10% of the time when I open a Windows Explorer dialogue box through Premiere (for example, when I want to 'Browse' for a LUT in the Lumetri Panel) the box will fail to pop up and when I try to click on anything in Premiere I get the "cant be clicked" sound. I have to use Task Manager to end Premiere and then restart it. 

Does anyone have get this problem? Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Do you have a lot of programs/windows open when this happens?  Perhaps the system is being overtaxed and the dialogue box is very slow to open.

Or, could the dialogue box be opening underneath another window?

No it can happen with just Premiere open.

That's what I thought at first but I've never been able to retrieve a dialogue box from underneath anything. Also clicking "End Task" in the task manager causes the program to close as if it had crashed. Normally if you try to end task in the middle of a project, Premiere will ask if you want to save. 

38 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

I have this problem with Premiere and it's been happening for years and continues to happen despite constant updates and despite having changed my PC a couple months ago.

The problem is that about 10% of the time when I open a Windows Explorer dialogue box through Premiere (for example, when I want to 'Browse' for a LUT in the Lumetri Panel) the box will fail to pop up and when I try to click on anything in Premiere I get the "cant be clicked" sound. I have to use Task Manager to end Premiere and then restart it. 

Does anyone have get this problem? Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

Probably need to share some information about your PC. I did manage to crash Premiere by doing the same thing to open LUTs but that was after trying 10 luts in rapid succession. 

Yes I'm using some of the same drives from the previous computer. I've ran tests though and found no errors on them.

Current PC is

• Core i7 6700k @ 4ghz
  • GTX 1070
  • 16gb DDR4
  • Asus Z170-P

Previous was:

• Core i7 2700k
  • GTX 680 (and a GTX 460 before that, and a 260 before that)
  • 16gb DDR3
  • Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

The OS drive has been different for each PC, but both have been SSD's and both have also contained the Adobe installations.