The oddities and character and curiosities of awesome EOSHD contributions!

PannySVHS

Hello everybody!

This forum has been a place of great discussions. Learned so much.

The most fun has always been to discover about obscurities and oddities, fi.

regarding lenses like the 28 85 f4 Tokina flare monster. Or the secrets of

getting 60p on European Lumix cams or the odyssey of a young filmmaking kid Zak

with an obscure lens for his beloved Canon Ti. So much passion and possibilities

of discovering things. All the great fun stuff beyond the ordinary 3 light setup for video interviews!

I would love to see more of that from all of you great contributors!

Thanks so much for everything and please keep the tasty tips n tricks n awesome ideas rollin!

Hope Zak is doing great and chimming back in some day, if he likes to do so!

cheers, Marty

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Maybe Zach is doing the dpreview forums together with Dr Ebrahim and his son/grandchild

Zach is a passionate filmlover and the other alias is just an alias we might not want to have to worry that much about anymore:/

As for the gems and camera geeks amusement, everybody has some favorites and beloved reading and watching moments

and experiences. For instance article and discussion about Kendy Ti in his Canon days. Havent checked his stuff since a

video with Sony color science showed up in his channel. What a superficial guy I have become:)

My favorite lens peeping moment was mercers fd 35-70 f4.0 test or his 12.5mm cmount footage, covering m43 image circle!

Loved the enthusiasm of @maxotics and his analytical technical essays and conversations with jcs. I put Max in @ so he might

get a ring back to eoshd again:) So much love and beautiful amount of inside quirky knowledge. What were your beloved

reading moments and insider tricks or odd workarounds or techniques?

Oh, from BTS of Musgo, a nice GH2 feature- the DOP and director Gami Orbegoso was tight on a string to the talent in

front of the camera. Someone has been sharing this again a few days ago on Eoshd.

Stuff like that. So please share, if you like!

I miss Zach - maybe because, at times, he made some of us look a little less sane than we thought we were. Absolute star! I bet he turns up having made some crazy ass doc, in the style of Nick Broomfield, which everybody raves about as being pure genius - all filmed on his T2i!

Don't miss the 60yr old filmmaker from Egypt - he used to piss me off no end with his constant BS & chest puffing. Funny that it took a scam to rumble him, not the fact that no one here could name an Egyptian filmmaker if they tried & would trust his word on everything!

Miss maxotics too!!!!!

On 4/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, Nikkor said:

Maybe Zach is doing the dpreview forums together with Dr Ebrahim and his son/grandchild

Sadly I think they are!  :grimace: Ebrahim is speading his bullshit on there big time. But few people on there know much about Video, so he is pretty safe.

6 hours ago, jonpais said:

Is this the official ES thread or what? Can we move on? Thanks.

Idk, this was a pretty big story last year and I don't think we ever found out the whole truth and I would not be surprised in the least if he still lurks around here... maybe it's you Jon... lol jk, but it was a great drama for the dog days of summer.