Things we'd like to see in a future GH5 firmware upgrade

tomsemiterrific

Focus Transition should work with all Panasonic Lenses.

Not working with my 20mm f1.7 (1 gen. firmware 1.1) but ok with old 14mm f2.5 or 14-42 Kit Lens

+1 for anamorphic desqueeze, IBIS mode for anamorphic shooting, focus punch-in during recording, option to disable sharpening, noise reduction electronic lens correction, aspect ratio guidelines

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 14/04/2017 at 9:37 PM, PannySVHS said:

Since 1080p mode on GH5 has supposely true! HD resolution, please 10 bit up to 120fps.

Also, lossless digital zoom in 1080p resolution up to 1:1 HD sensor crop, not necessarily stepless but maybe in 3 or four or five steps.

That in 10 bit as well. Also 4/3 mode with full sensor readout and sofore without crop to the sides.

Please 2K 10 bit mode.

Prores for 1080 and maybe cinema 2K footage!

I've sort of gone off these 1:1 modes after using red... the noise become massive, as each pixel is taking up more of the frame :bawling: but yeah they can be useful in a pinch

5 hours ago, jgharding said:

I've sort of gone off these 1:1 modes after using red... the noise become massive, as each pixel is taking up more of the frame :bawling: but yeah they can be useful in a pinch

Right! Just since the 1:1 HD crop in ETC mode has been around since GH2, why not make it stepless? Liking the possiblity of a 1.4 crop in 4k for the GH5, making it

an awesome tool for super16 glass. Guess a good estimate of loss in light sensitivity for this s16 mode could be exactly the factor of 1.4.

That would mean IS0 350 in crop looking like ISO 500 in full mft sensor coverage or 1400 like 2500 on full mft sensor. So ISO 1600 in 1.4 crop should still look good, just

like Black Magic Pocket but with much higher resolution.

41 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

Another one from me: make this camera work better with lexar sd cards.  For some unknown reason this camera hates lexar cards... The 1000x uhs-ii ones are good for $/gb and speed, but they don't play nice together.

Lexar 1000x is the worse card ever made.

I'd like to see the ability to switch the function of the aperture and shutter speed wheels.

I'd like to be able to toggle on and off the disp. function button. It's constantly in the way,and when you bump it you have to cycle through the whole array of menus before you can get a clean screen to shoot.

11 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

I'd like to see the ability to switch the function of the aperture and shutter speed wheels.

I'd like to be able to toggle on and off the disp. function button. It's constantly in the way,and when you bump it you have to cycle through the whole array of menus before you can get a clean screen to shoot.

The functions of the wheels aren't reversible in the menu? They were on my GH4 and G85...

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

The functions of the wheels aren't reversible in the menu? They were on my GH4 and G85...

Actually, they are. But the reversal is not in the Fn menu setting. It's a few items below it. Typical of the camera companies they do weird things. Why not have one category for all options? Nope. Can't do it. Put wheel options on another line, and put the options for the joy stick settings in the place you make the settings under one category (fn) and enable the option to make the joy stick settings in a completely different place in the menu.

Who decides this stuff anyway?!? And Nomenclature---don't get me started!!

The disp. function button is in a terrible place--right where you will want to hold the camera--especially if you have a fairly weighty lens, like the Sigma 18-35; and you can't disable it. So, instead of it being helpful, it becomes constant possible distraction.