Moza Air Gimbal

Ki Rin

I don't suppose anyone has had a change to play with this yet? 
Seems like a promising addition to the market and very good value. I'm wondering how it will compare to the Zhiyun crane. 
So far, there seems to be only one video on youtube about it:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 4 months later...

I've been messing around with the Moza Air for the last few days. It's the first gimbal I've owned so I don't really have anything to compare it with.

I purchased it for its payload. I want to use my A7Rii on it and not have to be concerned about overloading the motors. I also wanted something compact for filming in restricted areas as well as easy to travel with.

As I've found out, I must be one of very few who have purchased one of these as there are no posts regarding trouble shooting. I have had some help from their support centre which has been handy.

My thoughts? It's simple enough to balance. The extra handles work well when tightened well. I have attached the wireless joystick to the right side which works well for controlling it gimbal.

I'm currently running some heavy lenses on the camera which the gimbal copes ok with but does eventually go into protection mode after a short while with the heavier ones. There are threaded holes on the front of the mount plate which I assume would be for a lens support. I am yet to find one to purchase.

I find I keep turning on the power when I pick it up as the joystick and power button are right where you naturally pick it up but I believe this position is standard for most mono gimbals.

Small things such as thread inserts come loose but nothing a bit of Locktight wouldn't fix.

It's easy enough to adjust the power levels via the wireless joystick or even easier via the phone app.

The joystick has a rolling focus wheel on the back of it but I am yet to get this working and am currently liaising with Gudsen support to see if I'm doing something wrong or if there's an issue with the stick.

Hope this helps some other decide which way they might want to go regarding these types of gimbals.

Cheers!

Update on focus thumb roller on the joystick.

Gudsen has just informed me From Gudsen support regarding the rolling focus wheel: "so sorry to tell you that Sony A7r2 can start/stop recording with the thumb controller. The lens control should be Canon camera with USM lens."

First I've heard about it!! Nothing in their advertising about this at all!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, not only is weight a factor, I find that the physical geometry of the rig is a HUGE factor!

Both for the gimbal and the camera rig.

While my anamorphic rig is well within the limits of this gimbal, the physical geometry is not.

It is far too long with a taking lens, adapter, and scope lens.

Perhaps a bigger gimbal overcomes this constraint?

7 hours ago, buggz said:

So, not only is weight a factor, I find that the physical geometry of the rig is a HUGE factor!

Both for the gimbal and the camera rig.

While my anamorphic rig is well within the limits of this gimbal, the physical geometry is not.

It is far too long with a taking lens, adapter, and scope lens.

Perhaps a bigger gimbal overcomes this constraint?

Yeah, maybe Crane 2. I'm also currently contemplating at Crane 2 and Crane Plus!