Casey Neistat - Panasonic GH5 shooter

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, alexcosy said:

Casey's new vlog is out, and it still is shot with the GH5 (and looks pretty darn good). Looks like he is sticking to it for now.

Yeah I wasn't sure if he was using it until at one point he was talking to his camera guy at beam and said "I got that 7mm lens you told me about.." Fan of Casey or not check this episode out..red content!! 

I also thought it looked fantastic. 

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

He was also on the cover of the video issue of Popular Mechanics last October.

Anyone with YT Red want to do a quick review of his videos to see which are sponsored?  IIRC it indicates which ones are.

That kind of attention must be a sponsorship of some kind - Casey has good commercial instincts and isn't afraid to ask for money..   There was a video back when he was raising money for Beme, and Casey told the story that his mentor said something like 'make a list of all the people you can ask for money and then call them all and ask' and Casey made the calls and got some investment, and on the back of the fact he actually called people and got investors his mentor also invested..  IIRC - I do a bit of stuff with start-ups so the respect for action caught my attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Casey's reaction to the You Tube shooting. Man the pumping of the focus on it is ehh pretty crazy. So much for DPAF Face Tracking. I guess that is what he is using. Probably the Canon 6D mkII? That is his main VLog camera now. Might not be though. Colors don't look like a Canon?

• 4 months later...

Interesting! A new type of sensor can get an image from the edges of a pane of glass. Opens up a lot of possibilities. One I thought of is that we can finally have a FaceTime or Video chat where the two people look right into each other's eyes, instead of off axis at the camera. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180821094155.htm

Casey Neistat might finally stop wearing sunglasses!

Many more years yet until this hits the mainstream though.

15 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Interesting! A new type of sensor can get an image from the edges of a pane of glass. Opens up a lot of possibilities. One I thought of is that we can finally have a FaceTime or Video chat where the two people look right into each other's eyes, instead of off axis at the camera. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180821094155.htm

Casey Neistat might finally stop wearing sunglasses!

Many more years yet until this hits the mainstream though.

Damn that is almost scary! Scary crazy good though down the road. Eye opening!

Scary.gif