Casey Neistat - Panasonic GH5 shooter

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I can tell you he can make or break a camera. He has that many followers. So I am not too sure why he is using a GH5, He was using a Sony A7?? for 4k last month?? Maybe just tying it out to see how well it works AF wise.

I know he is not going back to 1080p anymore. So that eliminates a lot of Canon cameras right there. Ehh, Nikon ones also.

I have always been amazed how well his Drone footage looks, and he uses them a LOT in his videos. I think we underestimate how great they can look! I think most are shot in 4k though.

2 hours ago, terozzz said:

Sorry to shoot your dreams down but i do know for a fact that Casey is using sony a7r II and a6500 now days... Mayby he was testing gh5 that day, but im sure he isnt switching to it anyday soon cos the af isnt at the level hes looking for... 

Well looks fine on his video

• Super Members

He has been using Canon DSLRs, Sonys, REDs, Smartphones and what not. Of course he would use it. He is probably is offered every camera on the planet. 

But to say that this is what he is now using and lable him a GH5 shooter... to early imo. He is more of a RED shooter than GH5, let alone Canon.

But time will tell. Personally Im starting to becomes sceptical about the GH5 after reading all the heated debates about every little thing. Might have to check it out, haven't really watched any footage yet (that I know of).

3 hours ago, terozzz said:

Sorry to shoot your dreams down but i do know for a fact that Casey is using sony a7r II and a6500 now days... Mayby he was testing gh5 that day, but im sure he isnt switching to it anyday soon cos the af isnt at the level hes looking for... 

Well, it's no secret, he has been showing that in the Vlogs for a few weeks/months now, explaining why he switched and what his new setup was so....

He maybe trying the GH5 as a possible contender, why not, just to see what the hype is all about. The FACT is the last one is shot (at least in parts) with a GH5, meaning at least possible interest.

5 hours ago, Kubrickian said:

Was this a filmmaking or vlogging website? I forget

Good vloggers nowadays are the new filmmakers. Dismissing that is, i think, a mistake when you seen the content and quality some of them can put out every single day.

Storytelling is storytelling.

4 hours ago, terozzz said:

So it's weird that I know this as I'm not an avid YouTube watcher, but I checked out his account this past few days and being the camera forum lurker that I am, checked out his stuff. He switched to the Sony A7SII a while back, didn't like the AF (what AF?) and went back to Canon. Then, he got the A6500 recently for it's AF and in the last few days appears to have added a GH5 to the mix.

Say what you like about Casey's stuff, but he uses gear if it works for his format or gets rid of it. Which is exactly how it should be.

2 hours ago, alexcosy said:

Good vloggers nowadays are the new filmmakers. Dismissing that is, i think, a mistake when you seen the content and quality some of them can put out every single day.

Storytelling is storytelling.

What does it mean to be a 'filmmaker' when no one is using celluloid anymore?

The direct predecessors of vlogging are more reality tv and video journalism than anything we typically call film.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

It's getting a bit hard to read about "Canon mush-o-vision" from someone who owns a 1DX-II, C500 and XC10!

You know which cameras I'm referring to. If you don't like it, use a different forum. In fact I positively encourage it in your case!

20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

You know which cameras I'm referring to. If you don't like it, use a different forum. In fact I positively encourage it in your case!

Yea... who'd want a forum member that occasionally disagrees with it's owner... In this instance, with a slight tongue in cheek remark.

I think i'll take your advice... Never been a big fan of dictators.