I'm shooting in "Faithful" Picture Profile on 1dc for YouTube

Dave Maze

At my 9-5 job I make YouTube videos for a guy named Anthony ONeal who speaks to students about making smart choices for their future and crap like that :)

I was shooting everything with Canon Log for a while but these videos need me to shoot and edited within like 24 hours so I decided to start shooting everything baked in. The first 10 seconds of this video was shot canon log because the shot had some crazy contrasty light. 

....yes there are some dead pixels on my 1dc.....

....no the gospel isnt in this video! hahaha (Some of you know what I am talking about)

Do you guys shoot baked in on Canons? If so...what have you found to be best? 

IMG_2521.jpg

I was going to use an a6500 as my a camera, but I left it at home!!!! :O I had the sony XLR adapter so I just gaff taped my H4N on top of the sony XLR adapter and recored all the audio separately. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

I prefer the naked look sometimes. Especially the faithful profile, whichh gives me some room to play with colors and Grading.

I shot this  on the 1dc, 95% shots were baked in 

I love it! The colors are SO SO rich. More rich than it would be if you shot log and graded it back...because of that 8bit. What are your settings in Faithful? I dial down saturation down two notches and contrast down two notches. Sharpness all the way off.