Possible to use an anamorphic lens on a Panasonic HC-X1000 (Leica Dicomar)?

j169

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to attach an anamorphic lens (ie, old projector lens-type), to a Panasonic HC-X1000 or similar? Anyone doing it?

The idea of a fixed lens - especially a nice one like the Leica Dicomar is both interesting and worrying ;l)

I really would like to use one of my anamorphic lenses with it (I have a couple but the most usable is the Iper Minor 35 2x). 

The HC-X1000 lens has a 49mm thread, but it's the actual lens I'm not sure will work or not. 

That's the question, but for background:

I'm looking for a new video camera. I can't decide between a DSLR/mirrorless (say a Sony AR7II or AS7II etc ) or a standalone video camera such as a Panasonic HC-X1000.

One of the sticking points is I like to idea of being able to change lenses (as I'm used to on my DSLR - which is one of the reasons I like the idea of the Blackmagic cameras with EF mount, but there seem to be quite a few issues with them).

I'm at the point of considering a decent DSLR/mirrorless such as an 80D or similar for photos and occasional HD video, and a dedicated video camera for 4K. 

Thanks

J169

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs