GH4 Touchscreen not working

Borbarad

Well since im still waiting for my GH5 (got the wrong delivery - with standard 12-60 and not PL 12-60)  I went back the GH4 for a small video. Found out that the Touchscreen is dead. The GH4 in itself works. Not a single issue. However not the touch function. Doesn't matter if I turn it on or off, camera reset or just re-install the latest firmware. No touch functions.

Anyone encountered the same issue?  Possible fix?

B

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yea, it's most likely the flex cable in the screen's articulated joint is starting to wear out. If the cam is out of warranty you can pay to have it repaired, or try to find the part and do it yourself. I remember seeing some pics or a tutorial of someone doing just this, you could probably find it with some googling.

• 7 months later...

I ran into the same problem, and after some googling I found a crazy tip on how to revive your touchscreen in general. Heat the back side of it, the suggestion was to do it with fire, but some users found their hairdryers to be a bit more safe to use. And I am not kidding. After five minutes of just heating the backside of the GH4's touchscreen, while turned off and flipped out, it started working again. Now when the screen cooled down it lost it touch function again, but there may be a way to make it last. I'll probably try this until I burn the sceen :)

I'm not suggesting that anyone who cares about their gear should do this. I am just hoping it will solve my problem.