$175 Anamorphic For M4/3 ?

BTM_Pix

• Super Members

I've been interested in the Moondog Labs anamorphic adapter for the iPhone and didn't know they did a version with a 37mm thread on it until I came across this video.

OK, so quality wise its not going to have people ditching their Isocramas but its a cheap way to get into having a go and can also do double duty for its original target platform of the iPhone (something which is now even more interesting with the new LOG version of FilmicPro)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Panasonic 42.5mm 1.7 and Olympus 45mm 1.8 both uses 37mm filter thread, should make it even more interesting if you want bokeh vs kit lens, Panasonic 14-42mm pz, Olympus 14-42 ez  and Olympus 17mm 2.8 pancake lens is also 37mm filter thread. I hope Pana 20mm 1.7 and 14mm 2.5 and leica 15mm 1.7 works because they work on Slrmagic Anamorphot 1.33 without vignetting 

4 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Panasonic 42.5mm 1.7 and Olympus 45mm 1.8 both uses 37mm filter thread, should make it even more interesting if you want bokeh vs kit lens.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bokeh is actually worse than kit lens due to small rear diameter glass on scope inducing smaller aperture.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Panasonic 14mm 2.5 and Panasonic 14-42mm PZ lens is the best fit for Moondog, 14mm 2.5 slight vignetting but usable, 14-42mm PZ usable from 18mm and up, unlike Panasonic 14-42 II which only 35mm and up is usable.  Another guy tested 20mm 1.7 but seems unusable, the 45mm 1.8 looks pretty bad at 1.8 aperture.. probably need to step down.

I am waiting for my one to arrive, which I will try on 12mm 2.0, 15mm 1.7, 25mm 1.7, 42.5 mm 1.7, Leica 45mm 2.8, Sigma 60mm 2.8 and Olympus 14-42EZ and see how they fair.

10 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Has anyone tested this with pancake lenses on Super35/AP-C? Would love to use this with my Voigtlander 40mm.

I have Sony 16-50mm PZ lens and 25mm 1.8 semi-pancake lens which I will try on too as all my other lens is too big for it. Probably have to step down (f5.6?) as quality is awful on full open judging from youtube videos.