I'm shooting YouTube content with my 1DC and CONTAX lenses

Dave Maze

Metaphors were used to try to describe difficult concepts. However they've been misinterpreted to fit the model of a patriarchal power structure.

Best explanation of organised Abrahamic religion I have ever seen!

...really only 2 reasons wars are ever started, is because of Money or Religion

And the ones started by religion are really about the money too. The religion just helps to get people riled up and ready to kill.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

To the point:  I've considered Contax glass for my M43 cameras.  What's the defining characteristic of the lenses that make such a decision worthwhile?

I stumbled on them while doing research on the beloved Leica R lenses on the REDUSER forums. A reviewer brought them up and said that they are just as good or better than the Leica R's. I did more research and discovered that some of the original Zeiss ZE and ZF lenses were using the exact same glass as some of the old Contax Zeiss glass. I found a set of Contax lenses on eBay for $300 each lens and I jumped on the opportunity and love them! 

I have the 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm f2.8 and I really love them on the full frame sensor on my 1dc. I was DP for a shoot at my work and we exclusively used them for a project that was shot all C500 

E4B289E1-A46D-41E5-937E-F07731D02940.JPG

Now... your building with all the people in it might be on fire... but mine isn't... so yes, I'll look at you a little funny when you yell at me to 'get out!'. ;) That said, I take full responsibility for clicking your video, so it's more like I accepted the invitation and showed up to your building, rang the doorbell and you have the right to answer your door any way you see fit of course.

In the end YouTube videos and forum threads is free online content, you don't pay for it - you don't get a say in it. You can watch it... be a part of it... or not. But you can't really be demanding this free content should conform to certain criteria (unless legally/morally very iffy) so it would fit your needs better. On the other hand... people are also free to give feedback... or their unsalted opinion and in return you can read it, respond to it, or not, too.

That said, there's something I don't quite understand, maybe not specific to the video, but specific to a certain mindset. That is that some people from a certain religion might think that people from another religion or mindset are in a bad place and need saving. Am I lesser of a human being just for not being part of your religion? I think that's part of the point jcs is trying to make... you can be a humble, greatful, peaceful, good and honest person, just by being a person that is and that's something that's often overlooked.

Now, I've been raised Roman Catholic... and luckily the way I was brought up and the church we went to was very peaceful, modern and open. Church wasn't really about lecturing from old scriptures or people having to spread the gospel, but the pastor always had some engaging words of wisdom taken from everyday life in a modern society. There certainly is something to say for the kind of general values and principles religion can pass on to their following. But... ultimately this was developed out of the need for having social control/policing. Obey the rules and they'll promise you that you'll be rewarded for it... break the rules and you will serve eternal damnation in hell. And people don't know what happens when you're dead, so that's easy to scare people with. I'd say... you're probably just wormfood. Actually you're not even wormfood, because you're already not anything anymore. There's no conclusive scientific evidence to support any of the theories (but I found the BBC documentary 'The Day I Died' a good watch (think it's in parts on YouTube somewhere), about scienfitically trying to explain near death experiences)... I just think that your 'soul' living on and getting a place in heaven is amongst of the least likely things that will happen. To me death is a natural occurance and whereas the fear of dying is real (nobody would like to leave this earth early or die horribly)... I don't really have a fear of what happens after. Live for the life your living right now, don't live for the afterlife, something that might not even be a thing. But if people have this fear and need answers, I guess it can't hurt to go with the more positive option that there's is a God and that Heaven is a real place. Whatever you need to tell yourself to get you through the day. No harm done. So one would think...

The harm starts when you're starting to misinterpret words in a book... first of all... if these were actual events that took place (they're rather 'just stories' created out of the desire to have social control (but now we have modern laws/a legal system in place, so there's no need for ancient religion to give us that?), but just for the sake of argument let's go with it), then first they did the rounds by word of mouth, I'm sure you're familliar with the game 'Chinese whispers' aka 'telephone', where one person tells someone a story and they have to tell the next, and so on and so on. By the time it reaches a person further along the chain the story is no longer the same that was told at first. Now... then someone decides to write it down. Others add passages to it to make it more juicy, others to make it suit more their own personal agenda (political/ideology) and voilá, that's how you end up with your Bible, Quran, or what have you. And that's where it gets dangerous. Because people read these 'holy' documents (like crop circles; they didn't just appear out of thin air you know) and see the truth in everything that's been written down. Then of course... a lot is open to interpretation too... and people draw conclusions that people with common sense would not make. And that's where you get people that feel better than others... having the need to change the beliefs of others and to even start wars or acts of terrorism in the name of it. Slippery slope indeed. Now... there's so many gods and holy scriptures you can adhere to... are they all wrong? They can't be all right. Well, I'd say: who cares?! Everyone should decide for themselves what to believe and then keep that belief to themselves. But for some reason people have the need to be right and having everyone acknowledge that they're right. I'd say: fuck that shit! Let everyone believe whatever they need to believe, can't we just all peacefully co-exist and mind our own businessreligion? I mean, apparently not, but that's the duality of it all. Religion is supposed to be constructive keeping us in check with guidelines, instead it has turned into this destructive thing where people have added their own agenda, interpreted things wrongly and twist it to fit their fight, which just raises more hate and division.

Religion is a fairytale turned into a primitive horror. It's just not working in modern day society. I'd rather use common sense and science... and trying to be as good of a person I can be because I choose to, not because I'm told to. If you want to spread love, kindness and positivity, spread love, kindness and positivity and not religion per se. Just human decency. I'm not saying people should drop their religion, but I'd say: let's stop letting your beliefs affect the lives of others. Stop forcing your religion upon others. So... spreading the gospel... Jehovah's Witnesses... and such, reading scriptures... that stuff generally really isn't my jam. It's the same with extreme vegans. Ever went out for dinner with those? It's almost impossible for their beliefs not to affect you. I'm fine with you eating a veggie salad or whatever... but the respect or consideration doesn't go the other way around it sometimes seems.

That said man, that's way too deep into it. :lol: What the actual fuck, lol. I enjoyed your video, I didn't feel like you forced your religion onto me, if adding scriptures in the mix for a few seconds is you... is creative... then I don't really mind it. You're trying to put good out in the world and that's the thing I recognized there. And even if I didn't... I could always opt to skip the next, because that's the live and let live philosophy. We have the freedom to go about it as we want, just as much as the next person.

_______

And yes! Contax Zeiss is da bomb! Forever grateful for Andy Lee for bringing me to the dark side! :grin: Love the set f/2.8s I have (25, 28, 35, 45, 85 & 135mm, 50mm is f/1.4 of course). Would love to try the 28mm f/2 too, that's like the OG Hollywood lens. And yeah, Apple's made some interesting choices since Steve Jobs passed away... atleast products used to have a vision behind them and Apple stood for a philosophy and making it happen. Not sure they're on the right track anymore, seems that with adding the touchbar they lost a little bit of integrity, not that getting with the times and doing something different is bad, it's that you focus on gimmicks and forget about the bigger picture. I do like small powerful laptops as well, I'm still waiting for something to tickle my spidey senses. I'm keeping an eye on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MobileTechReview/videos she reviews a lot of the kind of laptops I'm potentially interested in. Dell is making some bleeps on my radar... but it's a Dell... not sure how I feel about that. Never felt they were quality products judging from the experience folks around me had with 'em. Bit of the same with brands like HP and Acer. I'm really digging ASUS myself.

13 hours ago, Kubrickian said:

Someone remind me not to click on this thread again

He has a damn good point!  :grimace:  It can come to no good end. It never does.

14 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

I stumbled on them while doing research on the beloved Leica R lenses on the REDUSER forums. A reviewer brought them up and said that they are just as good or better than the Leica R's. I did more research and discovered that some of the original Zeiss ZE and ZF lenses were using the exact same glass as some of the old Contax Zeiss glass. I found a set of Contax lenses on eBay for $300 each lens and I jumped on the opportunity and love them! 

I have the 28mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm f2.8 and I really love them on the full frame sensor on my 1dc. I was DP for a shoot at my work and we exclusively used them for a project that was shot all C500 

E4B289E1-A46D-41E5-937E-F07731D02940.JPG

But I did great to see some damn nice Eye Candy shots of some Canon's.

Once upon a time, I was a dead serious religious guy. Many things happened and I'm now a completely different (a.k.a atheist) person. But still its amusing to see my ex-brethren are so wrong about their religion. There are some four century old mosques in middle east that look like a very ordinary humbly designed modest structure, but when you enter it you end up with a heavenly courtyard. You have to experience it to believe it. Architectures back then got it right. Faith is not about outside pose, its about inside richness. Jesus would never say Its the way I am, deal with it. He would say I'm nobody, but I can review 1DC for you for free. :blush:

15 hours ago, kaylee said:

just start doing it

Oh come on, nothing that simple could possibly work. Well maybe , well heck yes.  just start doing it by using your camera, just start doing it by editing. Hell I might actually be able to make a movie if I "just start doing it"! Bingo!  :glasses:

I was just about to subscribe to you channel but you went wayyyy of base dude with that 'scripture late at night when i listen to tech channels i really don't want to hear Jesus or any religion staff its like you are pushing it on us like a hidden advertising. Stick to technology if its important to you but not to us and some of us are not christian or catholic. People get offended really easy when it comes to religion best thing is to keep in your home to your self.