Game changer, 5DII style.

AaronChicago

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Seems like Vincent will also be doing something with Technicolor? According to his blog Technicolor are making the Technicolor event at NAB exclusive to Laforet's blog readers.

May or may not be a clue as to what the "game changer" is, I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be linked with Technicolor making their event exclusive to his blog readers.. Maybe the "game changer" he refers to is completely unrelated to the Technicolor stuff, or maybe Technicolor is going to release some sort of physical product that you can purchase that would help with color grading/correction? 

He mentions in the original post that OP linked that the "DEVICE" (interesting word?) wouldn't be as affordable as the 5D2 was, he also writes "but once you understand what it does, you’ll see it will pay for itself in days relative to what other things it replaces and how it can fundamentally change the way you shoot." Which is interesting because if it was some sort of device that you could attach to your camera to help with color correction/grading which helped to greatly reduce your time in post would not only pay for itself but also change the way you shoot which covers pretty much everything he says about it.

I can't think of anything that would attach to your camera that would help with color and cost more than a few thousand dollars.. It would have to be some sort of monitor? Or something that helps capture footage? idunolel 

Photo Higher are releasing their Halo series [direct drive] gimbals - I inquired about the pricing/shipping of the Halo 2000 to put on my modified Glidecam X10 rig ala the Mk V AR - reply was '...being released at NAB - keep in touch'

Looking at his schedule, its quite Canon heavy. So Canon will be offering...

Firmware update for all cameras which will give clean HDMI & proper 422 recording abilities - Price £2000.

LOL!

If it is a Technicolor device, then surely it will be something to do with film stock, colour & maybe editing - he did say he'd shot some footage, so i guess we'll have to wait & see.

Ahh but it's not just a motion controlled rig, not that I actually think it's what LaForet is going on about but it seems to fit the conversation on stabilizers going on in this thread.

btw he just posted that he'll let us know in 24-48 hours

Ok so Mr Laf has updated his site with some bullshit about flying f--kin cameras, is this the bullshit bingo game changer he's been touting last few days then he's had his head up his a$$ far too long. If not then the nonsense continues.

Would have commented over there but his site constantly crashes my ios device. :-)

https://vimeo.com/63297368

It's definitely the thing he was talking about. Read the blog:

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/04/04/movi-a-revolutionary-handheld-stabilized-system-takes-flight/

So why do I think this is a game changer:

Some of you may not exactly get what this device does at first, why you might need it, or how you would use it.   That is until you get your hands on it – and then your way of thinking about camera movement and general camera support will change.  Guaranteed – everyone who’s handled the device agrees.  It’s going to be difficult not to have one of these tools on your productions going forward.

Another big factor:  It will be affordable – the initial mid-level (in terms of weight support) MōVI M10 will sell for approx $15K and is already under production.   The second, smaller version, the M5 that will be on sale at some point in the near future (once the production capacity is in full swing) will be sold for a price point under $7,500. 

It looks pretty nice to me, but definitely not 5D2 gamechanger style in this price range.