Game changer, 5DII style.

AaronChicago

From Vincent Laforet's blog:

I’m also very excited to help introduce a piece of camera equipment that I think clearly deserves being called a "game changer." 

I feel the same way about the device that I shot with a few weeks ago – and haven’t felt that way about ANYTHING I’ve seen or shot with since the Canon 5D MKII (The RED Epic is close – the only reason it didn’t make the list was due to the fact that it’s simply not affordable to the amateur market.)   And that’s why I’ve chosen to to repeat the same blog title for only the second time in nearly 5 years for this launch…

source: http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/03/31/nab-2013-schedule-and-something-very-special-coming-to-this-blog-part-ii/

Any ideas on what it might be? It's not a camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A universal image stabilization adapter?

Yeah, I'm thinking some kind of stabilizer. It can't be a lens, since that would be fitting only certain mounts, and therefore wouldn't appeal to 'EVERY film maker' as LaForet claims this will. 

A new kind of steadycam would be extremely handy, imagine something that could balance any camera without time consuming micro adjustments to weight, etc. 

Exactly. Some kind of battery grip-style accessory with a constantly spinning/balancing/self-adjusting weight system within that lets you go handheld with all of the stability of a shoulder rig or steadicam.

Then again, I was never very good at physics.