Canon 5D mkIV Crop Factor Reduction

webrunner5

There's actually been talks about a Canon FF mirrorless camera for a while now, this tech could be in that future camera and they are adding it the Mark IV to appease their current customers. Who knows... or it's all fabricated... but it's interesting fodder for us folks that aren't all in with the GH5.

14 minutes ago, Matthew19 said:

The whole "new updated cameras or send it back" has me scratching my head. It only makes marketing sense if this release is the 5DC and you have the option to send the 5dIV in for the upgrade. 

I think this could be the answer to the puzzle. The 5D IV and the 5DC will essentially be the same camera once updated.

A couple weeks ago I read that Canon is releasing a "C100iii" but it won't be the same camera as previous incarnations. 

Put these two rumors together and we may be onto something. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, mercer said:

I just went searching for the C100iii rumor I referenced but I cannot find it. So even though I am positive I read it somewhere, I cannot find a link to it, so disregard it. Sorry. 

Sure it was on Canon Rumours. The C100 MKiii won't exist, they'll be a camera under the C300 MKii, but it won't be a continuation of the C100 line is what I think was said.

Hmm intresting so what they saying they cannot confirm this rumors 

5Dvi needs to be serviced by canon in order implement this firmware update to coup with heatmanagment

ive read somewhere that only reason canon never gave 1Dxmii Clog is to protect their Cinemaline cameras and out of blue they just gona trow it at 5D ? If so fairplay its time give people what they wanted for ages also 4:2:2 200mb with new codec i mean is this Aprilfools prank by Canon?

On 3/28/2017 at 8:17 PM, Kisaha said:

@Rinad Amir We all read quite well in this forum, no need for bold and bigger letters to be heard. Canon "will" have 72-75 frames!

The bold letters are here for subjective purposes and you dont need to tell me if or what i can use on this forum!

Now as for frames that you just pulled out of CanonRumors thats complete nonsense with no official statement from Canon

thanks

3 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

The bold letters are here for subjective purposes and you dont need to tell me if or what i can use on this forum!

Now as for frames that you just pulled out of CanonRumors thats complete nonsense with no official statement from Canon

thanks

Rinad Amir, you are just a troll, most probably a teen troll who has still not learn how to be polite with others, but let`s focus in the positive, you are still young and probably you will learn during your life time what your parents couldn`t teach you in your early years, really, stop been so pedantic and learn how to behabe from more experience members in this forum…..

9 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

Rinad Amir, you are just a troll, most probably a teen troll who has still not learn how to be polite with others, but let`s focus in the positive, you are still young and probably you will learn during your life time what your parents couldn`t teach you in your early years, really, stop been so pedantic and learn how to behabe from more experience members in this forum…..

Who da phok is this guy?

Why can't some people want AF while others don't? Why can't some people be excited for a cinema 5DIV and not excited for a GH5? And vice versa?

If this is true, which is doubtful at this point, but if the rumor is true, Panasonic and their GH5 may have awoken a sleeping giant.

I think because its canon. and the price point its at, the 5D4 should have always been better then the gh5 from the start. At least as good video wise. The suppose update is just catching it up to what it should have been released with. Even so, it'll still be monster. With a monster price tag and monster size compaired to the gh5 and m43. 

13 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

Well spoken. Nuff said.

13 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

No need to get offensive here this is my opinion ,i dont come around to this forum and post fake rumors and than attack members for their opinions,

if you dont like thats fine but no need for insults , 

28 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well spoken. Nuff said.

if thats your view on this than sorry 

9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Omg, this is so ridiculous. Don't regret your purchases guys. The GH5 has amazing auto focus...

To be honest, I think each person has the right to re-evaluate his next camera purchase, certainly GH5 was the only option just a month ago for many people, since there was nothing similar in the market, but now with the new Canon rumors, if at least part of them are true, like crop reduction and C-log, 5dmkiv could be really a good option for a lot of people, and certainly most of these people will not have the option to purchase both systems, therefore a delay in their purchase decision until real information is available is a logical step in order to spend their money in the system which better fit their shooting style.