Exposure drifting in manual NX1

JKTReed

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So, there is a problem with firmware 1.41 that is very useful to know.

Thanks for bringing attention to this issue, maybe Samsung have to do something about it.

Does anyone have an email to complain about it?! as we are a few Android versions behind now...

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:10 AM, JKTReed said:

Thanks for your inputs! I wouldn't film like that in ordinary situations - this was pushing it to the limit to recreate the problem. However everything is in manual, including WB. My only way of safeguarding against it is AutoISO. 

Doesn't look like everything is in manual, because there is a big change in exposure when you pan from the window.

Also, the camera is having trouble focusing, which is resulting in perspective changes. Those will change apparent exposure as well.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, JKTReed said:

Well I'll be damned. I just downgraded to 1.40 and behold - the problem is gone! Thanks so much for all your input, everyone. You saved me, here :-) 

The only difference between 1.40 and 1.41 is compatibility with the phone app.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am having the same problem on nx1. It is very clear that the exposure flickers even in full manual mode even MF . Firmware is 1.40 it's ruining my videos!

I will try to reflash the firmware maybe that helps, already Reset the camera with no difference.

• 1 year later...

I have been having this same problem on my two cameras so I downgraded to 1.4.0 on both and still have the same problem. The picture flickers bright and dark while on a static subject on a static tripod. I am about at the point to give up on the camera system it is just too unreliable. It almost cost me a major client this week.  Also when in video preview mode I frequently , but not always, lose the ability to preview my exposure settings while in Manual mode.  I can open and close the iris and change the shutter speed with no change in the led screen brightness. Then when I switch back to still mode the exposure adjustments I have made immediately take effect. I heard that this might be a result of using "Framing Mode" but this was turned off. Here is a link to the flickering footage. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ko9s7iaV9gMz0oc3gF3RaiNpZk_sY9Yi

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I actually have both of those issues, exactly as described. I'm assuming you're using nx lenses as well? Have you tried with any manual or adapted lenses?

Why does color tint drift when white balance is set to Kelvin values? Why exposure drift on manual? The camera wants to do it's own thing lol

This is a dead system, I don't blame you for immediately moving to a more reliable, supported system for professional work you can't afford to screw up.

But it would be nice to fix, nx1 and it's S lenses are still pretty unique and relevant today. 

You know there's a nx subforum right?

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, 

Old thread I know, but has any of you ever found a solution or a work around to this issue?

I am deep in the NX system and still love both my NX1 and NX500 but this issue always keeps presenting itself on my NX1, apparently at random (some videos are perfectly fine, some others present the flickering issue, with no change in settings or scene whatsoever).

Thanks and happy holidays,

Pier