GH5 test footage - Post it here!

64mulford

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Fair enough. How many more stops of DR does VLog give compared to Like 709?

Hm... I`m not shure, but i think about 3 stops

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/enhance/gh5/ ---

The footage shot in V-Log L can gain wide dynamic range with 12 stops by utilizing LUT(Look Up Table) in editing. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First weekend out with my GH5 a month ago, I meant to test most of the features while shooting some Parkour / Freerunning. First feature I tried was 180fps slowmo and I got totally obsessed. Amazing feature. Loved the footage so much I put together a proper video - talking intro. slow mo edit and then some discussion of my experiences with it after. First real video I've produced on the GH5 and am loving every second of it! Every time I film something it inspires me to produce more.
YouTube 1080 compression is awful as usual but hopefully shows the feature well enough.

32 minutes ago, Brother said:

Random clips shot with GH5 and Olympus 25/1.2 in standard profile.

Nice! No oversharpening artifacts visible!
What were your settings in camera and did you add slight blur afterwards (filmconvert)?

52 minutes ago, deezid said:

Nice! No oversharpening artifacts visible!
What were your settings in camera and did you add slight blur afterwards (filmconvert)?

Thanks! Standard profile with contrast -2, Sharpness -4 and Noise Reduction -3. No blur but added Impulz film grain which softens the image a bit.

Shot this last weekend. Mostly in to 150 fps. Some shots were overexposed, but you get the idea, it was very sunny and hot.

Used a DEC lens regain, Sigma 18-35 and Canon 85mm, shot mostly handheld with stabiliser on. Two shots are twixtored. 

Straight from the camera the Rec709 is awesome, period. I added an osiris lut to pop some colors. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...