GH5 test footage - Post it here!

64mulford

2 hours ago, Julien416 said:

Motion cadence, tonality... And it probably wasn't shot with the latest 4:3 10 bits firmware. With proper glass and a competent operator the GH5 just shines. I could mix that kind of footage easily with an alexa and people would hardly notice the difference, even after being told. 

Excellent point about motion....and I can guarantee you with a professional colorist and the same 3 guys that are  filming on an Alexa, films on a GH5...properly lit scenes as you have to have with the Arri....you could cut together so that in a blind test you could not tell them apart...the GH2 did it in the Zacuto test over the Alexa and the Sony F65...it turned out as the image Directors chose in the last test in that competition including Francis Ford Coppola...I still own a GH2 and I would say in the right hands, the GH5 blows completely past it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, DaveAltizer said:

DANG! I love how cinematic this is. 

Yes!....agreed...I don't have mine yet, but I have the 8z and an old 50 mm canon FD to pair with it when it arrives...simply hard to beat the Anamorphic look, if you want to get closer to the look of film!...really curious about whether the IBIS will work for handheld with the Kowa 8z or whether it has to be on a gimbal or sticks?

3 hours ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

I made close up skin tone ISO test in V-log. It seems to hold up a better in the noise department than the GX85 and G85. I see that I should used soft lights instead of window light, maybe next time.

Your test looks good Fredrick...I notice at 3200 the wall color behind you than 400....which is the true color of the wall?

I made close up skin tone ISO test in V-log. It seems to hold up a better in the noise department than the GX85 and G85. I see that I should used soft lights instead of window light, maybe next time.

No post noise reduction on any of these? If so I'd happily use any ISO listed.