GH5 tips tricks and questions only

Orangenz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, manueldomes said:

When using a speedbooster, do you set the lens focal length to the actual focal length of the lens, or to the speedboosted one? So far I seem to be getting better results with the latter, but hard to confirm this...

I don't know from experience but in terms of physics the booster and main lens will act as one lens with the combined focal length, so yeah the speedboosted FL.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

The solution from panasonic shown here?... don't use silent mode for pictures lolol

14 hours ago, Dude_ger said:

Set it to Lens+ Speedbooster Crop.

Another Question-

i am on Windows, Premiere cc2017. But not able to playback the h265 files.. I can import them, but they show up green..

What camera are you importing h265 from?

1 hour ago, funkyou86 said:

GH4 acted like this as well.

Acted like what? There is a solution to the scan lines but despite the heady promise of the video title they didn't show it. I'm not sure what Matt was thinking on this one, heh. 

1 hour ago, Orangenz said:

Acted like what? There is a solution to the scan lines but despite the heady promise of the video title they didn't show it. I'm not sure what Matt was thinking on this one, heh. 

Acted like shown on the video, there were scan lines in silent mode.

Has anyone tried "focus transition" with the Panasonic 20mm 1.7?

I heard that it might not be compatible, I used to have the 20mm but gave it to my nephew when I passed down my GH3 but I do miss it and I am considering picking it up again. Not sure if the report was from the version i or ii of the lens?

52 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

ermmm... unlimited? There is some indication that overheating might eventually show up and it will revert to burst mode. It would take a long time or sitting it in direct sunlight to manage I think.

So, I guess they should call it 6K Film (MOS*), no?

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_(filmmaking)

(well, a film camera has no sync audio capture anyway, but it gives an idea on it)

Can someone do some simple street shots of people walking and moving about at 24fps at 180 degree shutter? Maybe even some slow pans and tilts. I remember seeing some stuttering in movement within frame and also with the camera moving. Was curious if it was sorted out since the pre-release model. Would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

So, I guess they should call it 6K Film (MOS*), no?

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_(filmmaking)

No, just 6K in terms of pixels not dimension. Includes sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sdd1lv4tp5axyl/PGH54548.MP4?dl=0 

14 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

Can someone do some simple street shots of people walking and moving about at 24fps at 180 degree shutter? Maybe even some slow pans and tilts. I remember seeing some stuttering in movement within frame and also with the camera moving. Was curious if it was sorted out since the pre-release model. Would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

No, just 6K in terms of pixels not dimension. Includes sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sdd1lv4tp5axyl/PGH54548.MP4?dl=0 

My hat, had no idea. Actually, they should call it more 5K, once it is 5K wide, right?

BTW, how many pixels wide? (only 3:2 and 4:3 ratios, correct?)

Have you tested how long lasts before the overheating warning pops up?

6 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

My hat, had no idea. Actually, they should call it more 5K, once it is 5K wide, right?

BTW, how many pixels wide? (only 3:2 and 4:3 ratios, correct?)

Have you tested how long lasts before the overheating warning pops up?

Here is that clip after going through handbreak, lossless 265. This one works in Premiere https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5326ttqz3zsckk/nz_flowers_6kphoto_gh5b_converted.mp4?dl=0 

4992x3744. I don't think I'm going to test the overheating thing. And it doesn't say a warning will pop up, it just says on the pre-burst screen that it will stop preburst recording and default to burst mode. It says nothing on the start/stop mode.