TSA bans cameras in cabin baggage, on flights to the US from 13 countries

Andrew Reid

14 minutes ago, Tim Sewell said:

If you're so familiar with the world outside YouTube you'd be aware that OBL was a highly educated Saudi civil engineer and that the majority of the actual hijackers were also Saudi graduates. You'd also be aware that the much-vaunted defence infrastructure was, quite rightly, not ranged against the possibility that airliners making internal flights would be converted to use as missiles. As they say - to be successful the security services have to get it right every time, the terrorists only have to get it right once.

Not ranged against the possibility that airliners could be hijacked and used as weapons? Please. FEMA report, dated June 1999: Emergency Response to Terrorism. Google it. wtc-emergency-terror-drills.jpg

US Dept of Justice training manual June 2011. Operation Vigilant Guardian: 

Vigilant Guardian, the semiannual NORAD exercise had been running in conjunction with Global Guardian for several days and which postulated a bomber attack from the former Soviet Union. The exercise involves all NORAD command levels.Out of a range of scenarios being run on September 11, 2001, one was a "traditional" simulated hijacking.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 minutes ago, Tim Sewell said:

If you're so familiar with the world outside YouTube you'd be aware that OBL was a highly educated Saudi civil engineer and that the majority of the actual hijackers were also Saudi graduates. You'd also be aware that the much-vaunted defence infrastructure was, quite rightly, not ranged against the possibility that airliners making internal flights would be converted to use as missiles. As they say - to be successful the security services have to get it right every time, the terrorists only have to get it right once.

Hmmm, so you are saying it was OBL`s engineering education that lead to the ground-breaking idea to allegedly use box-cutters as weapons on the airlines? As far as your claim that the mis-named "security services" were "not ranged against the possibility" of airplanes being used as missles, just google "blue sky paper" or read this:

"Bush famously received a top secret brief titled “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” that described how Osama bin Laden had long sought to hijack planes and that New York was a possible target for an attack. source: SLATE/Politico "

• Administrators
9 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Really disappointing to hear how many useful idiots there are ready to tear down the USA for anything we do or advocate. And why? Just because we want to protect our citizens from killers---who have said they're coming. Just because we don't want our leaders to engineer an invasion of our land that will change its culture and character and polity for the worst we are monsters.

That's the thing though. Guys like Bannon ARE engineering an invasion. The current administration wants a Christian vs Muslim war and they see it as divine destiny to win it.

It's going to be your armed forces, men and women, who die in this, in far greater numbers than those who have been killed by "terrorist" wannabes, which are actually incidents of crime and murder, rather than acts of war and terrorism as the media and government portray it as.

For example what happened in Berlin recently, was extremely tragic but the act of ONE SINGLE petty criminal murderer. Just because they have certain beliefs doesn't make them an army.

Wanting to be safe doesn't mean we're bigots and white supremacists.

No it doesn't make you white supremacists.

It does make you a fearful paranoid bunch, unable to take responsibility for why people hate you.

When these terrorist nutcases speak about defeating Christians, they're not talking about Canada and Sweden.

Trump is making you a target.

I can understand the US culture of gun ownership, it comes from protecting isolated farms and houses from a hostile lawless wild-west society.

Those days are over if only you'd let go Tom!

It just means we don't want to open the flood gates to those who hate us--it means we don't want in America what we have seen happen all over Europe, where leftist useful idiots holding the reins of power have put the lives and safety of their own citizens in peril and their culture at dire risk.

Fox News constantly spins this propaganda about Europe.

There are not a million refugees on my street in Berlin or piling into bars in Manchester.

It just didn't happen that way.

99% of the people who came over just politely blend in and just want to get on with their lives and bring up their children, then return to their homes once the fighting stops and the country of origin is ready to rebuild.

Some will settle but that again is nothing new to Europe or the UK. The UK in particular has been a melting pot of nationalities for centuries. It gave us our best food, our best music, our best doctors and scientists. If only we could replace our lazy fat British chavs with refugees who actually have a work ethic, the economy would be even better.

Merkel made a mistake by not controlling or keeping track of who came in but that's the price you pay for true freedom. Under Trump you're not actually free, you're not actually safe, sadly it's just an illusion. Trump and Bannon talk-up their Christian values all the time. Merkel did it as a good Christian deed and she did save millions of lives... I don't see Fox News praising her Christian values, or the fact she's an ex-quantum physicist whereas Trump has issues spelling the word 'tap' correctly.

Yes, a few of the refugees who came in abused the situation and took advantage. A few more happened to do that and at the same time harbour mental illness. A few crimes occurred, as they do every day with people born here and raised here. Every single crime has been blown up in the media and put under the spotlight, because it's a foreign perpetrator. The media is heavily biased and has an agenda to get more clicks and sell more newspapers. That's how propaganda works. Look it up.

I'm sick of being called a bigot and a racist because I reject the Globalist agenda.

It's fine to reject the globalist agenda

You'll be left behind though

Because it's a global world now, with the internet, out sourcing, mass production, consumerism and hugely beneficial trade links...

You may not like it but you can't buck the trend of world history just by stomping your feet like a child and voting for Trump.

It's not going to be rolled back long term over the next 200 years and next will come A.I., robots, and a whole other world order you can't do anything about...

Leave a good legacy for yourself and your family and work hard. Alternatively, be remembered as that sad guy who got caught up in the short-lived wave of hysteria and supported a joke-president who is an even smaller footnote in the history books.

That's the low garbage of the cad who has no argument and is incapable of reasoning and weighing the evidence---and has learned NOTHING from the European tyrants of the 20th century.

Oh the irony.

You have a 20th century European-style tyrant as your president and I assume you voted for him.

So if anyone hasn't learnt from that it's you.

Globalist centralized command and control power is a river of blood, of Kristallnachts on steroids, and massive starvation "for the greater good" than Mao ever dreamed of.

LOL. This is Info-wars level batshit crazy.

The global economy has pulled millions of people our of poverty and put food on their tables. Sony have camera factories in Thailand.

Those factory jobs are NOT coming back to the rustbelt in the US.

Manchester in the UK did not get the factory jobs back either.

We adapted and went with a services based economy which is why there's now the BBC's second HQ there and a ton of film production studios.

Who wants the miserable factory jobs back any way?

The poison of collectivism has untold millions bamboozled under the rhetorical flourishes of various "isms"---all with the intent of creating a prison planet for the few of the cognoscenti to rule and bind us all.

We do have one thing in common - we both dislike political correctness.

I'd like you even more if you were sane.

15 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

The real reason they're doing it is to be dicks to people they dislike.  Basically, they're discouraging certain people from coming to the U.S. at all because they simply don't want them here.  Bannon's philosophies about this are widely known.  He loves "the Fourth Turning" and "The Camp of the Saints.”  Wack-a-doodle stuff.  The excuse for it all is "security," but it's pretty obvious what's going on. (at least in my opinion)

BTW, this is nothing new for us.  This is pretty much how it goes around here for lots of people.

Sorry y'all!  'Murica's a big place, lots of people and ideas here.  Sometimes the weird ones bubble to the top.

Actually this was entirely based on security alerts from intelligence agencies. Believe what you wish, but sometimes going with facts is the best way to avoid biases.

14 hours ago, kaylee said:

all this TSA horeshit is based on the fear of 911 which was a FAKE INSIDE JOB so

Oh good grief. And we never landed on the moon. Anyone have extra strength Tylenol?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

Actually this was entirely based on security alerts from intelligence agencies. Believe what you wish, but sometimes going with facts is the best way to avoid biases.

Consider for a moment who the US government has as one of their national security advisors. Consider also how uncomfortable the FBI director looked during yesterday's grilling (for all I know he could have colluded with the Russians to get rid of the meddling democrats) I don't trust the NSA, TSA and the rest not to act politically. They have probably seen 'evidence', but it's probably a few idiots on the dark web fantasising. Politically expedient evidence though.

And the CIA probably have a more liberal bias than the FBI. Just my opinion.

If the evidence was particularly troubling and not just a useful political football, the ban would be a blanket one for all airlines and all countries.

8 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

Oh good grief. And we never landed on the moon. Anyone have extra strength Tylenol?

The moon has nothing to do with geopolitics and controlled demolitions of buildings. The conspiracy theory of sheep herders bringing down a building without touching it (WTC #7) only makes sense to those that are ignorant to the scientific method.  

23 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Consider for a moment who the US government has as one of their national security advisors. Consider also how uncomfortable the FBI director looked during yesterday's grilling (for all I know he could have colluded with the Russians to get rid of the meddling democrats) I don't trust the NSA, TSA and the rest not to act politically. They have probably seen 'evidence', but it's probably a few idiots on the dark web fantasising. Politically expedient evidence though.

And the CIA probably have a more liberal bias than the FBI. Just my opinion.

If the evidence was particularly troubling and not just a useful political football, the ban would be a blanket one for all airlines and all countries.

Andrew, some of the 9/11 comments I've read in this thread are a particularly sensitive issue for me. I worked on the 100th floor of Tower 1, North side. My office was about 3-4 floors above ground zero where the first plane went in (despite what some conspiracy freaks think...I get physically ill with their comments). Why am I still here? I got a call at about 3PM, the day before, from a client. The client asked if I could attend a meeting the next morning on Long Island. She was very apologetic at the last minute nature of the request. I told her, 'no problem'. Had it not been for that phone call, I wouldn't be here. By the time I got to the client, the first plane had hit and the 2nd plane shortly thereafter. Once the Pentagon was hit I told the client "I'm outta here". Who knew if we were headed towards a world war? My son got home that day after school and ran hysterically into my arms, knowing how close he had gotten to losing his Dad. That night my HR department called my wife, thinking I was missing & probably dead. It was an incredibly emotional time.

For the next month, all I did was attend funerals of my co-workers who weren't so lucky. I can't even begin to tell you all the horror stories I'm aware of. One family was overjoyed because they had a kneecap to bury that was identified via DNA. Other families had nothing to bury, other than memories.

So when you talk security, it's a very sensitive issue for me. Anyone thinks that the U.S. goes overboard with security, is, IMO, clueless. Utterly clueless. 

With that said, I agree with you, I am extremely concerned about the political ramifications of some of these intelligence agencies. I personally would fire Comey. He can't be trusted IMO and his almost schizophrenic behavior is a bit concerning. He can talk about one secret investigation but can't comment about another. Not the first time he's done something like that.

20 minutes ago, forofilms said:

The moon has nothing to do with geopolitics and controlled demolitions of buildings. The conspiracy theory of sheep herders bringing down a building without touching it (WTC #7) only makes sense to those that are ignorant to the scientific method.  

There are valid scientific reasons for why WTC7 went down. I'm really sorry this thread was ever started because the ignorance and obvious political biases are depressing.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/design/a3524/4278874/

9 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

There are valid scientific reasons for why WTC7 went down. I'm really sorry this thread was ever started because the ignorance and obvious political biases are depressing.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/design/a3524/4278874/

"WTC 7 collapsed because of fires fueled by office furnishings." Bogus. This would have been an unprecedented occurrence. Fire does not melt steel beams. Modern buildings are constructed to withstand couch fires. 

5 minutes ago, forofilms said:

"WTC 7 collapsed because of fires fueled by office furnishings." Bogus. This would have been an unprecedented occurrence. Fire does not melt steel beams. Modern buildings are constructed to withstand couch fires. 

You are absolutely, totally wrong about this. Steel beams CAN be melted by high temperature fires. Good grief, brush up on science, not witchcraft.

I'm done with this thread. It's just more hatred, bias and all the crap I'd like to escape from.

Just as an aside, for those that think the U.S. is so hated by others, you might want to consider why terrorist events occur in European nations such as France.

I like the camera threads much better and hopefully this entire fiasco of a thread can be deleted. Over & out. :(

• Administrators

Please guys, this thread is not to be turned into a 9/11 conspiracy theory discussion

Have some sensitivity for those who actually went through it.

It's incredibly distasteful and depressing.

Of course security measures must be taken seriously and implemented sensibly, but the politicising of the intelligence agencies is a big problem and has always existed unfortunately. I just don't have any faith that the current US administration is going to be good for security with these sweeping bans discriminating against people of certain nationalities and constant political infighting involving the intelligence community. The security situation is the same as under Obama and the fears are the same... Suddenly now they are being aggressively twisted to suit a political agenda and to create tension between different nationalities. This thread is proof. If anybody believes this makes for a safer country you are wrong, it just makes you a bigger target.

3 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

You are absolutely, totally wrong about this. Steel beams CAN be melted by high temperature fires. Good grief, brush up on science, not witchcraft.

In the same piece you quoted: "This is the first time that we are aware of, that a building taller than about 15 stories has collapsed primarily due to fires," Sunder told reporters at the press conference. "What we found was that uncontrolled building fires--similar to fires experienced in other tall buildings--caused an extraordinary event, the collapse of WTC7." The unprecedented nature of the event means that understanding the precise mechanism of the collapse is important not just to answer conspiracy theorists' questions, but to improve safety standards in the engineering of large buildings.

Unprecedented. How convenient....

3 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

I like the camera threads much better and hopefully this entire fiasco of a thread can be deleted. 

Yes, let's burn the books while we're at it...