TSA bans cameras in cabin baggage, on flights to the US from 13 countries

Andrew Reid

19 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

Do you lock the door to your house when you go to bed at night?  If so - why?

I do because I feel safer.  Am I realistically in danger if I don't lock it and I am fast asleep and defenseless? Maybe, maybe not.  Do I want to find out if I am being overly cautious? I don't, so I continue to lock my door at night when I go to sleep.  Am I xenophobic?  Maybe, maybe not, but I sleep better at night with my door locked regardless of if my perception of what is and isn't a threat is realistic (or politically correct.)

I'd rather be a live xenophobe than a dead progressive useful idiot! Kudos.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I suspect the US authorities might save more american lives by instituting a sensible level of gun control domestically - since 3,180 Americans have died in gun crime incidents so far this year while, er, none have died as a result of foreign terrorism. But what do I know - the only thing we open carry in Hove is our bags of hot, steaming chips (fries) from the chippy!

Does this apply to nationals of those countries or people travelling from those countries. I have a feeling it's going to be the latter. Either case it's HORRIBLE! And to my knowledge- Li-Ion batteries aren't supposed to be shipped with the cargo, it should be stowed away safely with the passenger's carry-on luggage.

8 hours ago, kaylee said:

i assure you these 2800 architects and engineers do not think the earth is flat http://www.ae911truth.org/

im designing a building so i actually need it to not fall down due to 'normal office fires'

what i am telling you is true; i understand the principle of cognitive dissonance and i forgive your trespasses 

If 9/11 was an inside job, how have all the people involved kept it a secret for over 15 years despite so much other stuff (Snowden, wikileaks etc) coming out? 

24 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

If 9/11 was an inside job, how have all the people involved kept it a secret for over 15 years despite so much other stuff (Snowden, wikileaks etc) coming out? 

they havent – its not a secret! theres tons of info on youtube! but i get what you mean – i dont have those answers, i dont have answers at all – i have questions

the NIST 'investigation' was like the warren commission – set up to reach predetermined conclusions, the literal opposite of the scientific process. did you look at the link i posted? please take a look at the evidence with an open mind! look here http://www.ae911truth.org/news/evidence.html

the manhattan project involved at least 130,000 people and the powers that be kept a lid on that

Wanting to be safe doesn't mean we're bigots and white supremacists. It just means we don't want to open the flood gates to those who hate us--it means we don't want in America what we have seen happen all over Europe, where leftist useful idiots holding the reins of power have put the lives and safety of their own citizens in peril and their culture at dire risk.

"Leftist useful idiots" did not put firearms into the hands of y'all insane American gun freaks: as you might know, more people in the USA were killed by infants with guns than by terrorists.

Another funny thing: those "leftist useful idiots" in Germany (run by a right/conservative CDU gov) who "opened the floodgates" to people whose countries were bombed and destroyed by the USA/NATO: they happen to have scored extremely high marks as a country most admired by the world.

Which brings us to the question your idiot USA president once asked: "why do they hate us so much?"  Perhaps you should examine this question too and realize maybe one factor is because the USA has killed over 20 Million people in 37 nations since WWII? That makes you "feel safe"?????

7 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

This is going to be an ugly thread and no one is going to change their opinion.

Right, so why don't we stick to the rights of photographers in general, this new ban is targeting carrying cameras. Please, no more conspiracy theories, or your posts will be deleted pronto.

This will completely change the way journalists, photographers and filmers (from countries affected by ban) will have to pack their bags when travelling to US. It will still work, but concerned people have to plan their journeys differently. I will probably travel this year to Las Vegas (NAB) end of April and I am curious how this will work. Just keeping fingers crossed...

BTW: Is there somebody having a link to a list of countries affected? Thank you.

Truth is whatever the Trump administration tries to "force" as security will obviously be filtered by authorities -the FAA for example- who actually know what they are doing and have sensible goals beyond a political agenda, meaning Li-Po batteries will probably still be banned from the cargo hold.

9 minutes ago, forofilms said:

Yes, better to stifle dialogue altogether. Worked well for the Soviets. 

It's not a secret. Stop believing the conspiracy theory that Afghan sheep herders conspiring in a cave outwitted a $2 trillion defense infrastructure. Fire doesn't melt steel. Buildings don't come down at free fall speed unless they are imploded. Do the research - there's an abundance out there. 

Oh brother. Watching a few fucking conspiracy videos on youtube isn't 'doing research'. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

I'd rather be a live xenophobe than a dead progressive useful idiot! Kudos.

He's been watching Fox News.

Had he bothered to travel, he'd have noticed Europe has a much lower crime rate than the US and is generally safer.

Hardly any terrorist incidents. You are more likely to die in a lightning strike.

Europe has prevented war for half a century... Before the EU it was 28 countries constantly agitating each-other.

That's not political... Just the facts.

9 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

Oh brother. Watching a few fucking conspiracy videos on youtube isn't 'doing research'. 

Haha. Not everyone does their research on youtube. Brother, there is a whole world outside of youtube. I urge you to explore it. 

Stop believing the conspiracy theory that Afghan sheep herders conspiring in a cave outwitted a $2 trillion defense infrastructure.

If you're so familiar with the world outside YouTube you'd be aware that OBL was a highly educated Saudi civil engineer and that the majority of the actual hijackers were also Saudi graduates. You'd also be aware that the much-vaunted defence infrastructure was, quite rightly, not ranged against the possibility that airliners making internal flights would be converted to use as missiles. As they say - to be successful the security services have to get it right every time, the terrorists only have to get it right once.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pablogrollan said:

Truth is whatever the Trump administration tries to "force" as security will obviously be filtered by authorities -the FAA for example- who actually know what they are doing and have sensible goals beyond a political agenda, meaning Li-Po batteries will probably still be banned from the cargo hold.

Feel sorry for the Saudi film crews who won't be able to put Li-Po batteries on the flight at all, because they can't go in the hold and can't go in hand baggage either.

Keep fighting those nasty terrorist film crews Trump.