Rokinon Cine DS CY Speed Booster Metabones

enny

Hi guys i have BMCC with CY metabons speedboster looking to buy set of Rokinon Cine DS full frame is there a way to attach rokinon canon mount to speedbuster i am thing adapter but do you see any issues here with distance focus or infinity focus ect

Thanks guys

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Unfortunately, I don't think you can adapt Canon or Nikon lenses to the CY mount.

If you want a focal reducer for the cine lenses, your best bet is to get a EF to MFT model as that will allow you to use your CY lenses with an adapter, along with Nikon F/G and other mounts.

My only issue with EF adapters is that you'll want to get an electronic one that can operate the aperture as virtually all of them do not have a mechanical iris.

(I'm not a fan of electronic lenses, they tend to be prohibitively expensive to service so I prefer PL or Nikon F/G. Not that matters with the DS lenses as they're fully manual.)

That's the reason I have the Metabones Speedbooster XL in Nikon mount. Like, I have a bunch of Nikkor glass and Sigma, Tokina etc are all Nikon mount as well. Allows for easy dummy control with a mechanical ring for the aperture. That means the SB itself is a bit cheaper. Also that alternatively, you can use it without a focal reducer, just with a simple and affordable adapter.

But I agree on EF, as a taking mount, it's more flexible though. So for my Contax Zeiss (C/Y) and Leica Summicron-R (L/R) I have the ZY Optics/Zhong Yi/Mitakon Lens Turbo II in EF mount (to m4/3). I then use a simple C/Y or L/R to EOS/EF adapter from K&F (Kent & Faith) Concept.