At a quarter of a million dollars, is this the lens pros have been waiting for?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Not one of your better reviews, Andrew... I mean... you didn't even mention if I had too adapt the lens to attach to my ANUS... and is it rectalinear?

I hope this review doesn't cause a shit storm.

I dare not even look at the comments ANUSUser amongst the ANUS fans on there.

And I am definitely not going to type it into Google.

1 hour ago, KurtAugust said:

Did Kubrick use this lens?

He used a variation of the 5K1NT (SKINT) designed for the moon landings.

According to the latest NoFilmSchool article, Kubrick alleged burnt his ANUS on a candle while shooting Barry Lyndon, and couldn't sit on his director's chair for 2 weeks.

That's why some of the scenes are too dark, he had to stop using the Fuji lens and instead a smaller handheld Nikon 1 series zoom with an aperture of F22 to F32.

• Super Members

So on the one hand we have a thread where people are pleading with Andrew not to stop doing the blog as his content is so refreshingly different and then on here we have some people up in arms because he's produced the only video related blog post I've ever seen that contains an invitation to join the local tennis club with the author. 

Tough crowd.

And it immediately put me in mind of what one of Andrew's fellow Mancunians might have said about it

23 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Haha wonderful.

Dude, the ANUS hasn't got shit on the new camera that... wait for it.... Wall Street are making for hedge fund scam artists turned cinematographers. I got the rumour from a sugar puff toothed drone pilot who is actually a recycled paper plane entrepreneur. 

The camera literally takes all the best bits from current cameras, and with Zacuto inspired modularity, you get this all in one: 

• RED Weapon 8k sensor with combined backside circuitry of the A7SII sensor. 
  • Arri Internal LUT and motion cadence wizard engine. 
  • Sensor has also been embedded magically into the Olympus OMD-EM1 mk. II IBIS. 
  • Sony Electronic Vari-ND.
  • "Very, very, uber, massive Pro" version of Sony FS5 body in carbon fibre. 
  • Built-In Atomos Inferno with Odyssey 7Q microchip "Blend Mode". 
  • SonyCanon QPAF. (A6500 autofocus combined with DPAF = Quarter Pixel Autofocus). 
  • Sony powered Ursa Mini 4.6k user interface. 
  • Zacuto rigging made from titanium AND adamantium combined, including the Octo-handle (it has 8 handles so 4 people can carry it at once). 
  • Takes Duracell AA batteries for power (256 required for half an hour worth of recording). 
  • Instead of SD cards/ SSD's etc, it has a slot for a 40TB G-Tech Studio hard drive (you can get 6 minutes of footage in 8k on one hard drive). 
  • The camera can be broken down for drone usage into a Panasonic Micro URSA but it only has 3 stops of dynamic range in 1080p. 
  • You can connect the camera to the Digital Bolex for absolutely no reason whatsoever. 
  • Rolling shutter is controlled by keeping the camera very still - a world first. 

Wall Street are taking pre-orders at NAB for the one camera available at only $378,000 per shoot day. 

They hope to sell many units by offering an affordable, complete solution for a wide range of filmmakers. 

Many well known blogs will sponsor the camera and publish their lab tests before the camera is finished. 

A mini version of the camera is available for Youtube Vloggers with over one million subscribers, but it doesn't have an articulating or tilting screen. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I hope this review doesn't cause a shit storm.

I dare not even look at the comments ANUSUser amongst the ANUS fans on there.

And I am definitely not going to type it into Google.

He used a variation of the 5K1NT (SKINT) designed for the moon landings.

According to the latest NoFilmSchool article, Kubrick alleged burnt his ANUS on a candle while shooting Barry Lyndon, and couldn't sit on his director's chair for 2 weeks.

That's why some of the scenes are too dark, he had to stop using the Fuji lens and instead a smaller handheld Nikon 1 series zoom with an aperture of F22 to F32.

Priceless Andrew!!!...if you get sick enough of EOSHD you clearly can seamlessly morph into writing comedy!...perhaps even funnier though are the 'concerned"comments about the satire in this piece...WTF...I guess a good sense of humor not acceptable these days?...The way the world is going these days with the idiots who are now in power, I think levity is more necessary than ever....well back to the 'Lab" I guess to study "unusable 10bit and Vlog" on the GH5

24 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Well back to the 'Lab" I guess to study "unusable 10bit and Vlog" on the GH5

That's the thing about various gear or filmmaking "blogs" out there.  

Most often it's dipshits like me spouting off on our anecdotal and biased experiences.  And there's nothing inherently wrong with that.  But when a site purports to be some sort of authority on matters when all they're doing is elevating us fellow dipshits to assert some faux academia and generate ad revenue, damn right readers are going to be skeptical about that nonsense.  "Don't bullshit a bullshitter" is the American colloquialism...or "dipshitter," if you prefer.

I mean, god bless the kids at a site like nofilmschool for pissing into the wind with their tinkle of naiveté.  I think even that sort of blog has a place, but to manufacture cut'n'paste "content" with the priority being the monetizing of it all?  No thanks.  Too smelly.

Fact is, EOSHD doesn't play that "content" game.  It's not trying to be something it's not.  It has license to be aggravated, satirical, or dismissive because it's willing to pay the price to do so.  When I was a kid we'd shorthand such an attitude by simply saying it's "punk rock."  If anything, that's the minor-key vibe that keeps me around here.    

Expecting EOSHD to be otherwise, knowing what we know of the owner of this place, is also slightly ridiculous.

Also thought I read somewhere that the ANUS claims 32 stops of DR...May have been on C5D but I really can't be sure...of course at $25 million one would expect no less...does the ANUS even come with a battery??

Definitely looking forward t Andrew getting his hands on both the ANUS & GH5 so we can get some real world back to back comparisons!

6 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Black magic

Once you go black, you better get them dual sluts

1 minute ago, noone said:

Does it have a filter drawer so I can shove that in my ANUS?     Or do I have to screw it to my ANUS?

Experiment with it! Just be careful about rolling shitter